Windows 10: White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application

Discus and support White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]At times users have reported a white bar on the top portion of File […] This article White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 1, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application

WinClub, Jan 1, 2021
  2. HampyGH Win User

Why was the thread subject "White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10" locked when it's clearly an ongoing issue with no resolution?

Why was the thread subject "White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10" locked when it's clearly an ongoing issue with no resolution?

Here is the OP for ref:

White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10

HampyGH, Jan 1, 2021
  3. White bar covering portions of Windows Explorer, Firefox and some other Applications.

Hi,

I have a number of users suffering from this problem, it occurs randomly and some users get it 5 or 6 times a day and other once every few months. We have tried every solution we could find online and the only thing that sorts it temporarily is Ctrl+Shift+Win+B
    command to reset the graphics driver.

Other people have reported similar issues here:

White bar in top or bottom window when maximized

Extremely annoying white bar along the top of full screen windows

White bar on top of Windows Explorer and browser apps on Windows 10

Is Microsoft aware of this issue? I heard mention that it is a glitch within windows and will need to be patched by MS. Any news on this at all?

LukeThrower, Jan 1, 2021
  4. White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application

Hi, I have 2 users that have suffered from this problem. Windows Explorer displays a white bar at the top and doesn't display correctly. A reboot solves the issue, restarting the process does not. You can interact with the area where the white bar is,
    it simply doesn't display correctly. Moving the window around, the white bar only shows in Windows Explorer, no other apps. Both are using HP desktops but completely different models, one is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 Mini the other a HP Z240 Tower Workstation.
    I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest driver for each computer from the HP website with no success. The issue is random and intermittent. Any suggestions?

OliverSchofieldWilsonWright, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application

1. White Bar covering Top Portion of Windows File Explorer or any other application - Similar Threads - White Bar covering

2. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  3. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  4. Top portion of file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Top portion of file explorer not responding: I open file explorer and everything works fine. Then I navigate to a folder and open a file and it will works correctly. Open a file, example and excel spreadsheet. When I skip back to file explorer, none of the buttons at the top work. File, home, share and view buttons....
  5. White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.: This has been asked over and over and the basic answers of updating drivers does not solve the problem. It is mostly always in a dual monitor setup. Refreshing the video driver only fixes it for a brief time. The Keystroke will reset the video system and work for short...
  6. Why was the thread subject "White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why was the thread subject "White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows...: Why was the thread subject "White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10" locked when it's clearly an ongoing issue with no resolution? Here is the OP for ref:...
  7. White bar covering the top portion of my Main monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar covering the top portion of my Main monitor screen: An odd bug is happening to me on my main monitor. I currently have two monitors and whenever I open a tab that's already maximized, it has this wide white/transparent bar at the top that make it impossible to use some apps. I have a work around this, when I Press F11 to...
  8. White bar covering portions of Windows Explorer, Firefox and some other Applications.

White bar covering portions of Windows Explorer, Firefox and some other Applications.: Hi, I have a number of users suffering from this problem, it occurs randomly and some users get it 5 or 6 times a day and other once every few months. We have tried every solution we could find online and the only thing that sorts it temporarily is Ctrl+Shift+Win+B command...
  9. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows: Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the...
  10. File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder: When I open Windows 10 File Explorer from the Task Bar and choose Home, Share or View, the resulting ribbon covers the top few lines of the opened folder or files. How can I cause the ribbon to "bump" down the folder so that I can see the top few lines? I hope I have...