Windows 10: White Bar over Ribbon

Discus and support White Bar over Ribbon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've a number of users encountering the White Bar over the upper ribbon issue on a number of our Amazon Workspaces. The Workspaces are Server 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Will Fillian WFillian, Mar 6, 2020.

1. White Bar over Ribbon

I've a number of users encountering the White Bar over the upper ribbon issue on a number of our Amazon Workspaces. The Workspaces are Server 2016 machines using Windows 10 virtualization and the issue happened starting in January of this year for some users. This seems to particularly be affecting Adobe Software, although it's affecting Chrome and Office in some locations.

Review of the issue has show a number of fixes regarding updating the display drivers, changing the resolution, or switching the application from to full screen and back, but none of these has been a permanent solution to the problem.

I'm looking for other suggestions, ideally with a final result to fix the issue.

:)

Will Fillian WFillian, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

White Bar over Ribbon [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

White Bar over Ribbon

File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

White Bar over Ribbon

1. White Bar over Ribbon - Similar Threads - White Bar Ribbon

2. Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon: I was in the process of typing up a workout plan, and somehow the document has turned into an endless paragraph. Instead, I would like it to be divided into pages for better readability and organization. Currently, the lack of page breaks is making it difficult to navigate...
  3. Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon: I was in the process of typing up a workout plan, and somehow the document has turned into an endless paragraph. Instead, I would like it to be divided into pages for better readability and organization. Currently, the lack of page breaks is making it difficult to navigate...
  4. White bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar: Can anyone help?I've been getting a white bar at the top of my screen recently and can't quite figure out how to get rid of it.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar/57bf546f-b203-442f-b42e-c5be667466ef
  5. White bar

White bar: Can anyone help?I've been getting a white bar at the top of my screen recently and can't quite figure out how to get rid of it.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar/57bf546f-b203-442f-b42e-c5be667466ef
  6. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  7. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  8. A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode: Does anyone know how to remove this white ribbon in File Explorer below the search bar. It appeared after I reset my Windows. It is very irritating to my eyes.Windows 10...
  9. White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer: How to remove it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] (Windows 10 Pro, 1909, OS build 18363.476) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-panel-splitter-below-the-ribbon-in-windows/90cabd5c-15a5-44f8-8fbc-08d20d41c772
  10. Ribbon/Command bar customisation

Ribbon/Command bar customisation: Hi there I was trying to search for a program that's able to customise the Ribbon or the command bar since I feel the Ribbon is too bulky, it takes up too much space. But after enabling the command bar with oldnewexplorer, you have to click 'Organise' to do simple tasks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ribbon white