Windows 10: White border on desktop icons

Discus and support White border on desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search. How can I get rid of the border? 124992 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jan 9, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

White border on desktop icons

White border on desktop icons [​IMG]

Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search.

How can I get rid of the border?

:)

tcebob, Jan 9, 2019

2. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

I have windows 10 and I recently noticed that there is a lined white border around any desktop icon after I click on it. The border goes from one icon to another icon when I click on the other icon.

How do I remove this border?

Please help!

Kenneth Pincus, Jan 9, 2019
  3. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

Just to isolate the issue, have you tried to create a new user profile? Is there a lined white border around any desktop icon after you clicked on an icon?

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jan 9, 2019
  4. White border on desktop icons

White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

I tested this on mine & it worked.

Click on the picture to see it bigger.

White border on desktop icons f4490bdb-edac-4381-a9aa-9040b26b20bf?upload=true.jpg

After unchecking the box & clicking Apply & OK, I went to my desktop & refreshed it & clicked around on various icons.

The white border was gone.

10 Pro v1803.

DavidBaileyyz, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

White border on desktop icons

1. White border on desktop icons - Similar Threads - White border desktop

2. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  3. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  4. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  5. Problem with desktop icon borders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with desktop icon borders: [ATTACH] When I select an app on my desktop then click somewhere else, a border with a dotted line appears around the app. Can somone help me fix this please. Thank you...
  6. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  7. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  8. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Border on Left of Desktop Screen: A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance. [IMG]...
  9. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it: Hi! I am using "Windows 10 Pro", and I have this issue for a long time: When I am on the Desktop I see all the icons like this: [ATTACH] Than I clink on an Icon, so I highlight that, it's OK: [ATTACH] Than I sideclick on the Desktop to unmark the icons, and that white...
  10. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371