Windows 10: White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

Discus and support White Border on Left of Desktop Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaJa0007, Jul 5, 2019.

1. RaJa0007 Win User

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance.

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen [​IMG]

:)

RaJa0007, Jul 5, 2019
  2. tcebob Win User

White border on desktop icons

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen [​IMG]

Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search.

How can I get rid of the border?

tcebob, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Porthos Win User
    White border on desktop icons

Do you see this on every icon all the time or just when hovering or clicking on them individually?

Porthos, Jul 5, 2019
  4. sebi019 Win User

Taskbar icon flashes a white border when left click/dragging to show jumplist

After the latest version 1803 update, using the left click+drag up method to open a jumplist causes a white border to flicker around the left-most icon in the taskbar (in this case, the Edge icon).
    It is always the border of the left-most icon that flashes. If I move the File Explorer icon to the left-most position, that'll be the one that flickers the border.

It does not happen if I right-click to open a jump list.

If I have a jumplist already open and then try to left click+drag up it does not happen.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen f7b62448-3144-41ff-b1d9-1a6b0ed6761c?upload=true.png

sebi019, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen - Similar Threads - White Border Left

2. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  3. White shady border around screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  4. White shady border around screen

White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  5. White line bordering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White line bordering screen: I have a surface go laptop and this morning i noticed a white line bordering my screen, it's very faint and non noticiable at times, it's most noticiable at the bottom where the taskbar is and the top of the screen. The only reason i could think of this happening was my...
  6. White line bordering screen

White line bordering screen: I have a surface go laptop and this morning i noticed a white line bordering my screen, it's very faint and non noticiable at times, it's most noticiable at the bottom where the taskbar is and the top of the screen. The only reason i could think of this happening was my...
  7. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  8. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...
  9. White border on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White border on desktop icons: [img] Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search. How can I get rid of the border? 124992
  10. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop: I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them? Thanks! b 82851

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white border windows 10 left

2. white border desktop windows 10