Windows 10: white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

Discus and support white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xFinal_boss6, Nov 28, 2019.

1. white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

/u/xFinal_boss6, Nov 28, 2019

2. 4K display screens...

Hi,

The screen resolution of a display determines how much information is displayed on the screen. It is measured horizontally and vertically in pixels. At lower screen resolutions, such as 640 x 480, fewer items will fit on the screen, but they will appear
    larger. At higher resolutions, such as 1900 x 1080, more items will fit on the screen but they will appear smaller. The resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.

Windows 10 includes support for 4K and 8K displays.

By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor. If you like, you can manually change the screen resolution of each display on your PC separately to what you want.

[*]Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    [*]While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

[*]

[*]

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.

[*]If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also want to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest graphics driver compatible with Windows 10 and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Markbo66 Win User

white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

White Borders To Album Artwork Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this procedure but it has had no effect at all so the problem persists.

Since asking the original question I have downloaded some albums from amazon and added these to the Music folder and the white border has appeared on those albums as well so it would appear it is only artwork added by WMP which is not affected.

Markbo66, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

1. white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays - Similar Threads - white borders browsers

2. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen or window an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/3abdb4d7-4592-459d-bf8e-fabdb3c33f05
  3. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen or window an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/3abdb4d7-4592-459d-bf8e-fabdb3c33f05
  4. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen on in an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/017d639d-3610-4614-87ac-deec1f71c1d7
  5. Borders when in full screen

Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen on in an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/017d639d-3610-4614-87ac-deec1f71c1d7
  6. Window borders not visible on 4K displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window borders not visible on 4K displays: Like this question, which never got a useful answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-border-thickness/66ebc86c-d06c-4b02-ab17-5818e6740369Applications that have a black or dark client area become indistinguishable from any window it is in front...
  7. Window borders not visible on 4K displays

Window borders not visible on 4K displays: Like this question, which never got a useful answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-border-thickness/66ebc86c-d06c-4b02-ab17-5818e6740369Applications that have a black or dark client area become indistinguishable from any window it is in front...
  8. White line bordering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White line bordering screen: I have a surface go laptop and this morning i noticed a white line bordering my screen, it's very faint and non noticiable at times, it's most noticiable at the bottom where the taskbar is and the top of the screen. The only reason i could think of this happening was my...
  9. White line bordering screen

White line bordering screen: I have a surface go laptop and this morning i noticed a white line bordering my screen, it's very faint and non noticiable at times, it's most noticiable at the bottom where the taskbar is and the top of the screen. The only reason i could think of this happening was my...
  10. Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode

Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode: After the recent update, when I open a picture in Microsoft Photo App, there will be a grey border all around the photo even when I full screen the picture.This shrinks the picture size and made it hard to viewIn contrast to pre-update Microsoft Photo App which doesn't have...