Windows 10: White box around desktop icons?

Discus and support White box around desktop icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin Brakhage, Sep 22, 2020.

1. White box around desktop icons?

Hi,

From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary solution, but once I select another icon, the boxes will come back. They appear in the first place by selecting an icon, going on a current task such as let's say chrome, and going back to the desktop by the bottom right button. Is there a solution to get rid of these boxes in the long run? They are useless and annoy me.

:)

Kevin Brakhage, Sep 22, 2020

2. white box on desktop

When i click on a icon, a small rectangular white box appears in the top left corner on desktop, please help

HectorBorrero1, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 22, 2020
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

White box around desktop icons?

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

White box around desktop icons?

1. White box around desktop icons? - Similar Threads - White box around

2. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  3. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  4. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. White box on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box on desktop: I know this has been addressed before, but none of the responses seem to fix this issue. I have this white box that appears on my desktop, usually after waking it up from a sleep (30 minutes). When it appears, all my desktop icons disappear. You can’t right click it, or click...
  6. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  7. White Dotted Line around Icons

White Dotted Line around Icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChristianMinecraftbt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeex8z/white_dotted_line_around_icons/
  8. White Border Around Desktop Icon

White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  9. White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These are two snips i took of my computer's interfce, it looks very off now, i turned it off on friday and when i turned it on today everything looks bad. my desktop and lock screen image was reset and there are white boarders around almost every icon....
  10. All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar: Hello TenForums, and actually it's my first time to post here. I've long been a lurker, searching around for solutions and tweaks and stuff, but I decided to register because of a minor, rather OCD-triggering problem. This has only flared up recently, after applying a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons collapses to a box