Windows 10: White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

Discus and support White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says, whenever I click on Network or Sound icons on my task bar, the normal box that youd see shows up, but theres a white box around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheyCallMeVawn_, Dec 28, 2020.

1. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

Like the title says, whenever I click on Network or Sound icons on my task bar, the normal box that youd see shows up, but theres a white box around them. Included with this is the fact that I cant right click items that I search for in the start menu and when I left click them the start menu doesnt disappear. It seems like whatever controls windows apps is doing something. Any suggestions would be helpful. Ive already tried making a new profile, restarting explorer, did a semi-reinstall using Media Creation Tool so I could keep all my stuff, and a few other things.

submitted by /u/TheyCallMeVawn_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheyCallMeVawn_, Dec 28, 2020
  2. fancymans Win User

Show or hide Recent Items on the Start Menu/Task Bar

Hi,

On previous versions of Windows, we would be able to hide recent items from the start menu and the task bar. I am trying to hide recent items on the task bar, but the option is no longer there. Can anyone help?

To clarify, what I mean by recent items are the list of files recently opened using a specific program. For example, if I right click on Visual Studio on my task bar, I get a list of all the apps I've been working on. I don't want these to display.

fancymans, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Cortana search bar missing white circle instead

When I left click the white circle the search bar is their. If I right click on the white circle 6 items appear listing what I can do on the task bar such as Show app icons

Regards

anselm_962, Dec 28, 2020
  4. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

Windows 10 Start Button items on right click issue

On Windows 10 Start Button, right clicking brings up Control Panel, Task Bar and other tools in the menu as usual, but they no longer launch when selecting the items, except the last four items in the list (Search, Run, Shut Down, Desktop). This has happened
    since the anniversary update. What has happened?

The apps that come up when left clicking on the Start button all work, no issue with that.

BillCrwfrd, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

1. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items - Similar Threads - White box around

2. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  3. Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.: Is this from a recent update? Any way to disable it? See picture below for context -- this is the selection list from right-clicking on a Steam chat window. https://imgur.com/Fam18RT I thought it might be Steam-specific, but if I right-click on a Chrome window it now has...
  4. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  5. Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10

Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10: I'm able to left click the start icon, my task bar shortcuts, and the tray icons, but I can't right click any of them. Nothing happens. However, I can't left click the clock to show the calendar, or the notification center. Night light doesn't work at all anymore either, even...
  6. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key: In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET....
  9. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...