Windows 10: White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC

Discus and support White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit running on a Dell G3. All updates installed. Webroot running as anti-virus. About a week ago I downloaded a zip file from a site to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roscoe James, Aug 29, 2019.

1. White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC

Windows 10 64 bit running on a Dell G3. All updates installed. Webroot running as anti-virus.

About a week ago I downloaded a zip file from a site to obtain QB.exe and Quick Basic libraries. Got it. Unzipped it. And all files work as expected. A few days later I noticed that when looking at videos on MSNBC I could no longer hit the play or pause button in their video player. Also noticed if I tried to share the vid from within the player (where they have their share located) I could no longer bring up the share menu. In fact, nothing happens to any video. I don't appear to have this issue at any other site. The video players are all available. I can pause, play, and share. That combined with this strange white box that might flash every ten minutes or so on my laptop screen sent me to the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Downloaded. Ran. For the first time ever it actually found something. Don't recall what it was. A trojan. Said it removed it. Did not tell me where it found it. What folder it might have been in. A shortfall of the scanner.

Rebooted and nothing changed. The white box flashes on the screen occasionally and I'm still unable to access any of the controls on the MSNBC video player. I run Edge. And I also have IE 11 on my machine. I'm not interested in third-party browsers simply because I manage a company using O 365. And O 365 has features that do not work on third-party browsers.

I just downloaded and ran the scanner a second time. Full scan, as before. Found nothing. I've looked through Edge settings. Can't find anything that might be blocking my access to the vid player. But even if I did that wouldn't explain the white box that flashes on my screen so fast I can't see anything other than a flash.

That said, it has occurred to me that at about the same time the white box started there was a major Windows 10 update.

Any thoughts? Anyone else with a flashing white box? Any ideas on the vid player?

Thanks,

RJ

:)

Roscoe James, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ramsoni Win User

Flash player white screen bug

Hi i recently update my n5233 firmware v.51 but i am unable to see video by flash player it comes white screen please help me

Ramsoni, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Is Adobe Flash Player needed in Windows 10 ?

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• When did you get the Adobe Flash Player message?
    Adobe Flash Player helps you to play videos online.

If you are unable to play video online, download the Adobe flash player from Adobe website link.

If you are getting this Adobe Flash Player message, while using IE, I suggest you to follow the steps in the article, mentioned below.

Flash Player Help

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC

Flash Player

Hi,

One possible cause why your Flash Player was not working is due to a software conflict. To isolate your issue, we'd to know if you've tried accessing the involved sites using another browser. Does the issue still persist?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to download Flash Player and make sure Flash Player settings is turned on:

• If you see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece near the Favorites button, click it, then either
      Allow once or Always allow to allow Flash on the page.
    • If you don't see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece but you do not see a note to download flash on the page, click the download link and Edge should enable the puzzle piece so you can follow step 1.

Let us know if you need further assistance

Rose Cal, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC

1. White Box Flashing on Laptop Screen and Unable to Access The Video Player on MSNBC - Similar Threads - White Box Flashing

2. White tile box on screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White tile box on screen?: Hi unfortunately I'm not in the same area as this pc. My sister's boy has been enthusiastic with downloads. He thinks he has downloaded something he shouldn't. He's only 8!Unfortunately my sister has no IT skills.It's possible he has hit some random combination of keys or...
  3. White tile box on screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White tile box on screen?: Hi unfortunately I'm not in the same area as this pc. My sister's boy has been enthusiastic with downloads. He thinks he has downloaded something he shouldn't. He's only 8!Unfortunately my sister has no IT skills.It's possible he has hit some random combination of keys or...
  4. Occasional white boxes on screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Occasional white boxes on screen.: [ATTACH] It comes and goes quickly so I couldn't take screenshot. So I drew the boxes. It looks like this. I noticed a weird pattern, I don't know if I am right but the boxes only come in places which are not stationary on screen. Its there on things that can be moved....
  5. White Box on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Box on screen: I have a user who has an intermittent problem. The user gets a white box screen from time to time. When the user encounter this problem, the user can not interact with the white portion of the box. I updated Windows and the graphics driver. I seen similar threads, but the...
  6. Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen: Since the Windows 10 update last Thursday my Dell has developed an issue with a white square that rapidly flashes up on my screen, repeatedly but randomly. It can flash quickly in rapid succession, or just once. It can be seconds apart, or considerable minutes apart. Often...
  7. White Box on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Box on screen: The users has a dual screen setup. The scale and layout is at 150% on both screens. The user gets this screen see below intermittently on both. The user is unable to interact with that white portion when it appears. The following troubleshooting steps was performed:...
  8. White box in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White box in the middle of the screen: Hey guys while I was working my screen suddenly went off and then there was white box in the middle of my other monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-in-the-middle-of-the-screen/eb2460ac-7a91-4c43-a97a-9ca4313e1831
  9. Box flashes on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Box flashes on screen: I was wondering if anyone could assist. Every 2 or 3 hours on my pc, the outline of a black box flashes up on my screen for a fraction of a second. I have cyberghost installed and thought it may be that, but I closed it down, and the box flashed shortly after, so I think it...
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...