Windows 10: White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

Discus and support White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TacoUnicorns658, Sep 28, 2020.

1. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on, it will stay there but will show all of the desktop apps. When I press the Windows key, the box enlarges, but there is no text. I hope someone can help me with this soon. Thanks :!

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. 48e706cf-cde5-4c71-b544-4add00142373?upload=true.jpg This picture is just on the desktop

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. e89069ba-cb63-47d3-8fc9-5ab189387a31?upload=true.jpg This picture is when I press the windows key.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. 84c33aaa-b0bb-4938-b337-038c9c8f9e2c?upload=true.jpg This is when I double click the bar.

:)

TacoUnicorns658, Sep 28, 2020
  2. NurdBurd Win User

Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

Howdy Bree,
    I don't see a magnifier glass in the upper left corner. Just to make sure I was not overlooking it, I changed my "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 125%." Then I went to the High Contrast area "Choose a theme: High Contrast White". Even after those two steps I still don't see a magnifier glass. I selected The Magnifier from my taskbar and indeed I saw the magnifier glass. When I used the magnifier glass, the recently generated magnifying area was deleted - but the area in the upper left corner remained.
    Is it possible to remove The Magnifier from Windows and then reinstall it? Or perhaps, a larger section of Windows containing The Magnifier and then reinstall this larger section?
    Thank you.

Carl M. Barlow, Jr.
    L: [email protected]

Howdy Bree,
    Did you take a Thanksgiving vacation?

Carl

NurdBurd, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

@NurdBurd, I've just turned on Magnifier (1607 rtm) to see what you mean. Somewhere on the screen you should also find a 'magnifying glass' icon. Click on it and it will briefly become the control window for Magnifier.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. [​IMG]

After clicking on the magnifying glass, close it from here:

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. [​IMG]

4. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

Hi there,

I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the left hand corner.

Can't open it either - any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

LesleyK_240, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

1. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop. - Similar Threads - White box upper

2. White line upper left corner before startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White line upper left corner before startup: Ever since my PC crashed a couple of days ago, before startup, for like 30 seconds it started with like 5-10 seconds, a white line appears on the upper left corner of my screenNon-blinking. My PC does boot normally after this, but I would like to fix it before it won't boot...
  3. Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen: Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen. Only goes away when I reboot my PC or restart File Explorer. It is annoying to do this every time. Any ways to get rid of it completely?...
  4. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  5. White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?: [ATTACH] There's some white bar in the corner of my desktop. I've had this issue for a little while, but it's been kinda on and off. I can drag it around sometimes, but I'm trying to right now and nothing's happening. I believe it has something to do with my desktop icons,...
  6. Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner: Hi there, I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the left hand corner. Can't open it either - any help out there? Thanks in advance....
  7. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...: It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the same size appears. submitted by /u/Blushberrii [link] [comments]...
  8. White box appears in corner of desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White box appears in corner of desktop: Hi there, A day ago a white box appeared in the corner of my desktop. It is always there no matter what I do. The box seems to automatically start when I turn on my pc. I cant remove it. It doesn't do anything when I select it. Please help me thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...
  10. Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove: This is going to be hard to see, but above the left of the recycle bin icon... there is a tiny white square. When I put my mouse cursor over it I get the cursor to change to the activity cursor (spinning blue circle) - I have no idea what application is causing this and have...