Windows 10: White boxes in black High Contrast theme

Discus and support White boxes in black High Contrast theme in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft I have been patiently waiting for this issue to be fixed for years (ever since Windows 8) but you have not fixed it, and I am tired of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aleque123, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Aleque123 Win User

White boxes in black High Contrast theme

Dear Microsoft

I have been patiently waiting for this issue to be fixed for years (ever since Windows 8) but you have not fixed it, and I am tired of waiting. Maybe this is not a big deal for those, who use the standard white windows theme, but for those of us who have eye problems, it is a very big deal.

Here is the problem:

When I use a black High Contrast theme and open a new explorer window, or any window or application for that matter, then for a brief moment, the inside of that box turns white. Sometimes, the white boxes stay on screen for longer (as long as a few seconds), depending on the system performance. When I open Notepad++ or Chrome, I get a few seconds of pure, full-screen, white color.

This affects my health, as my eyes are extremely sensitive to exposure to so much white on screen, and I even use computer glasses and a blue light . And especially now that I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 12 with a really powerful AMOLED screen, this is even more of an issue

I don't expect this to be fixed overnight, as I am well aware of the technical challenges this procedure might entail, and I am aware that you are busy with many other fixes and patches, but please - at least provide us with a temporary solution or a workaround, until it is fixed.

Please, please, make something happen!
    Thanks in advance.

-Aleque

P.S. I also wrote to Microsoft Support department about this (Case: 1454163663) and I submitted this to Feedback Hub, as well.

This issue is also mentioned in here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-themes-issue/ff386d33-dcfe-4116-8d4a-9c8cd06eb4c0

:)

Aleque123, Dec 27, 2018

2. High Contrast

How canI turn off High Contrast so I can get the classic theme for microsoft solitaire collection I just get a white background with blue and black cards and a message saying High Contrast is on The Classic Theme will always be shown when High
    Contrast is turned on in windows settings I would like to return the theme with a green background and red and black cards

HENRY WALL, Dec 27, 2018
  3. High Contrast Themes Issue

Thank you, but what should I be looking for exactly? Looks like a bunch of technical information that is irrelevant to this exact issue.

To recap. The issue with the white box briefly appearing seems to be white as a default (idle) color while loading a window. It has nothing to do with the background color that you actually assign to your high contrast theme.

You can test it yourself. Switch to a black high contrast theme and keep pressing Win+E. You can even try opening new browser windows and see that white box appearing briefly.

Is there a way to dig deep into the regedit and change this value of white to something else? If yes - WHERE is that value exactly? Or maybe it can be achieved with some third party software?

I mean, come on - I am not asking for a complex mathematical solution here. I simply want these white boxes to stop appearing. Please...

Aleque2000, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Beliathal Win User

High Contrast Themes Issue

I've recently moved to Windows 10. It's a clean install, not an upgrade, new PC, new hardware, all drivers are up to date...

After enabling the standard high contrast theme (black & white), I'm experiencing brief white flashes in most programs. It happens every time that I run a program in maximized windows or open a new window and maximize it. It also happens on combo-boxes and
    menus (if they're big enough to cause this effect). It looks like (and feels like) the windows first being drawn in white and then redrawn in normal colors, causing bright white rectangle to flash for a short moment before showing the window.

I've tried many different dark high contrast themes, the standard ones and custom made, and found this issues being present every-time with every dark high contrast theme. What is even more interesting, is that same standard high contrast themes would work
    just fine in Windows 7, on same PC, using same hardware, without causing any white flashes...

After trying to solve this problem for two weeks now, I still have no answer. I've read many forums and tried everything I could think of, Including disabling all effects and animations completely. I've even tried replacing the graphics card and the monitor
    all together. It did not help White boxes in black High Contrast theme :(

Beliathal, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. White boxes in black High Contrast theme - Similar Threads - White boxes black

2. stuck in high contrast black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuck in high contrast black screen: Hello! I seem to have lost my normal windows 10 desktop appearance, and am stuck in high contrast black; the personalization screen doesn't seem to work; A quick fix needed to get back to normal appearance! Thanks...
  3. ease of access/vision/high contrast – stuck with the black theme.

ease of access/vision/high contrast – stuck with the black theme.: as I'm disabled with poor eyesight I was looking at the High Contrast option and I set it to Black Theme which I didn't like at all. when I attempted to turn high contrast off it kept coming up with an error message – see below. I am now stuck at this point as I can't work...
  4. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  5. How to set the default High Contrast Theme

How to set the default High Contrast Theme: I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as most people are thrown off when they see a non-standard layout. Unless you are used to High Contrast it can sometimes be...
  6. My struggle to set a high contrast theme

My struggle to set a high contrast theme: One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the color selection. Now I tried...
  7. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  8. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  9. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...
  10. Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme: [img] How can I get rid of this horible white border? Thanks! - Shawn 27502