Windows 10: White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications

Discus and support White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, we bought 5 new HP ProBooks with Windows 10 Pro. On 3 of them is already problem, which is also described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trollsian, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Trollsian Win User

White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications

Hello all,

we bought 5 new HP ProBooks with Windows 10 Pro. On 3 of them is already problem, which is also described here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...f-images/7db8bc7d-28ce-4f8f-be9a-0e3ae469923f

These white crosses are in Edge, Excel, Word, ... and Teams does not even load.

1) We have fully actualized W10 Pro and also updated graphic card software.

2) I tried guide from topic about white crosses in IE - I made a reset of IE.

3) On one of these laptops is problem fixed by this guide:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

Under Accellerated Graphics

Check Use Software rendering instead of GPU rendering

Click Apply, Ok

Reboot computer and retry viewing the sites

Anyway in lock screen is graphic still bad also on this laptop.

I call to authorized HP service and they told me, that this problem is clearly not with hardware and that I should contact Microsoft.

Someone already found the solution?

Thank you,

Dominik

:)

Trollsian, Oct 17, 2019
  2. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Oct 17, 2019
  3. ziffel Win User

Don't see a way to edit my previous post, but here's an image of how Cortana displays my shopping list:

White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications [​IMG]

ziffel, Oct 17, 2019
  4. ziffel Win User

White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications

No, no other customization software. btw, on that Cortana shopping list, I can click on the items and select them. when I do so, they appear on the next screen fine, like so:

White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications [​IMG]

So I feel like it's a display issue, like it's showing white text on a white background, similar to what Start10 was doing.

ziffel, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications - Similar Threads - White cross background

2. White UI stuff such has text boxes backgrounds to into grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White UI stuff such has text boxes backgrounds to into grey: Hey everyone!I have downgraded to Windows 8.1 and I'm expericning a problem with the UI. Stuff such has Text Boxes, dropdown lists and the google chrome start background are grey.such has this:...
  3. White UI stuff such has text boxes backgrounds to into grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White UI stuff such has text boxes backgrounds to into grey: Hey everyone!I have downgraded to Windows 8.1 and I'm expericning a problem with the UI. Stuff such has Text Boxes, dropdown lists and the google chrome start background are grey.such has this:...
  4. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  5. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  6. white box between text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white box between text: There is a weird white box between my time on Windows 10, it is between my time, it is replacing the : symbol. Does anyone know how to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-between-text/79abd619-26f5-4ba9-8a1f-b4a715e7d61d
  7. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background: Just recently updated Windows 10 to version 1903. Now my file explorer is black and white and the search bar near the top is white text on white background. I've used Dark Mode but I've never had this issue. How can I fix this?...
  8. black background and white text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black background and white text: brand new HP laptop trying to print on a Brother printer that works from my PC. why is it printing a black background and white text from whatever application I print from?...
  9. Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text: Good Evening! I just updated to Windows 10 Version 1903. Everything works great and no problems, except for this. I have had dark mode enabled for a while now and love it. However, after the update, the save file dialogue box that pops up when I need to save something...
  10. problem on a few menus - white text on white background

in Windows 10 Support
    problem on a few menus - white text on white background: G'day all. I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly. I also noticed this same thing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. White cross on background of images text boxes etc

2. all windows images white cross

3. white crosses on microsoft edge