Windows 10: White edges around laptop screen

Discus and support White edges around laptop screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is the second time it happens. Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these white faded edges appear on my screen. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kitti33h, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Kitti33h Win User

White edges around laptop screen

This is the second time it happens. Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these white faded edges appear on my screen. They literally look like frostbite and they keep creeping on the screen until the whole thing slowly turns grey and then another white edge starts creeping.

The only thing I can do is to put it to sleep, or a hard reset, otherwise the whole screen is unresponsive.

There aren't any issues after restart, the screen works just fine.

I have the latest Windows 10 on it.

https://ibb.co/LzJJtp2

:)

Kitti33h, Feb 23, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 23, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Feb 23, 2021
  4. PloKoon Win User

Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video tutorial. A lot of steps to change the icon color but worth it to me.

If I heard you correctly, this will reset every time Edge updates?

PloKoon, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. White edges around laptop screen - Similar Threads - White edges around

2. White shady border around screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  3. White shady border around screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White shady border around screen: Hi, can anyone help me? When I turned on my laptop this morning it had a white shady/translucent border around the whole screen. I have tried updating the display drivers and graphics cards and it has not helped. My laptop is an Acer Swift Notebook SF314-42. It uses AMD...
  4. my asus zenbook as blurry white lines around the edges of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    my asus zenbook as blurry white lines around the edges of the screen: I recently logged onto my laptop and then these blurry white lines popped up. i don't know why they appeared and dont know how to get rid of them. they did also not show up when i tried to take a snippet of them....
  5. White blurry line around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White blurry line around laptop screen: Hello, I noticed a white line around my screen today. I’ve tried turni nb it off and on, hoping the line would disappear but it’s still there. My laptop sits at my table so I know it hasn’t been damaged. How can I get rid of the lines?...
  6. White blurry line around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White blurry line around laptop screen: Hello, I noticed a white line around my screen today. I’ve tried turni nb it off and on, hoping the line would disappear but it’s still there. My laptop sits at my table so I know it hasn’t been damaged. How can I get rid of the lines?...
  7. White blurry line around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Black screen edges around TOR

Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  9. White shady border around laptop screen

White shady border around laptop screen: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop recently. Whenever I turn on my pc from sleep, hibernate, or restart, the screen remains black but the pc is on and working. I know this since the keyboard and power button is lit, and whenever I press the shift key multiple times,...
  10. Laptop screen is white

Laptop screen is white: I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything is working fine (obviously it's not!) is there some setting or option I'm unaware of to get my screen to work? Seems if it...