Windows 10: White effect when playing videos

Discus and support White effect when playing videos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting a white effect on any video that i watch online. I am using the latest version of Windows 11, and I use Chrome for web browsing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aron Bino, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Aron Bino Win User

White effect when playing videos

I keep getting a white effect on any video that i watch online. I am using the latest version of Windows 11, and I use Chrome for web browsing. The problem seems to persist even when i switched browsers and used Microsoft Edge. How do I fix it?

:)

Aron Bino, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 2, 2022
  3. johndrean Win User
    videos play in black and white

I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?

johndrean, Oct 2, 2022
  4. White effect when playing videos

video's are playing in black and white.

My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this.

SusanParrish2, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

White effect when playing videos

1. White effect when playing videos - Similar Threads - White effect playing

2. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  3. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  4. White effect when playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White effect when playing videos: I keep getting a white effect on any video that i watch online. I am using the latest version of Windows 11, and I use Chrome for web browsing. The problem seems to persist even when i switched browsers and used Microsoft Edge. How do I fix it?...
  5. White effect on screen when I watch videos on my system and online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White effect on screen when I watch videos on my system and online: I have Windows 10 and there is a problem when I start any video on internet. When I start to watch, there is like a white screen effect just on the video. I have tried to take a screenshot but it is not seen on them. I have upgrade the drivers but nothing happened. How can I...
  6. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging: It only happens when my laptop is plugged in. When I run on the battery, everything is fine. At first, it was only happening to Netflix videos. In the Netflix app, Windows 10. I started watching in my browser, and it was fine. It also would play videos on black and white...
  7. video's are playing in black and white.

in Windows 10 Customization
    video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  8. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  9. videos play in black and white

videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  10. Videos only playing in black and white.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos only playing in black and white.: All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did some general things but didn't want to do anything to make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I...