Windows 10: White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio -

Discus and support White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio - in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Going way back to the 99xx builds, I've never observed Conexant 20582 'SmartAudio HD' working. Still not working with 10159. Shows good in Dev Mgr,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio -

Going way back to the 99xx builds, I've never observed Conexant 20582 'SmartAudio HD' working. Still not working with 10159. Shows good in Dev Mgr, shows mixer, volume control, etc, certainly not muted but not a peep.

Also, disk perf on this model is awful. Its pretty bad on Windows 7 but abysmal on 10, regardless of whether one uses the terrible AMD SATA driver or the merely awful MS provided Generic SATA
    Chipset: AMD FCH (Hudson-1) + SB810/SB850
    Interestingly, HWINFO64 does not show a Conexant device, only AMD Audio, disagreeing with the OS info.

if anyone knows a good driver for either of these devices pls post reply

:)

cognus, Jul 1, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Difficulty with directing cd music from the D Drive to Windows 10 media player.

Hi Brenda,

At the bottom left of your screen on the black bar is a white flag, when you click that the start menu opens - that flag is the start button!

Click that flag and type control, then hit Enter - Control Panel will open

(this is not intuitive as there is initially no place to type into)

or

Beside the flag is a search box, type control in that, then hit Enter - Control Panel will open

In Control Panel, go to Autoplay

Scroll down to CD's - Audio CD

Choose 'Play Audio CD - Windows Media Player'

That's It!

DaveM121, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Thinkpad x120e updated to Windows 10, now stuck in a loop after sign in screen (exception not handled CHDRT64.sys)

Thanks for the assistance. Method 1 didn't work, but method 2 worked fine. I didn't have to update any drivers. Resetting seems to have solved the problem.

OforskamdPojke, Jul 1, 2015
Thema:

White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio -

1. White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio - - Similar Threads - White Flag Thinkpad

2. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this white surrender flag icon mean: What do you mean when you say eject icon in task bar? Do I surrender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-white-surrender-flag-icon-mean/d07bf203-e5f8-49f1-9306-804f73e32986
  3. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does this white surrender flag icon mean: What do you mean when you say eject icon in task bar? Do I surrender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-white-surrender-flag-icon-mean/d07bf203-e5f8-49f1-9306-804f73e32986
  4. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Audio Not Working in Lenovo Thinkpad E14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Not Working in Lenovo Thinkpad E14: Hi I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E14 laptop which is currently running on Windows 10 Home, Version : 20H2 this system is having Dolby Audio feature also. Problem : Speakers are not working in Dolby Audio OFF mode but when i turn ON Dolby Audio then speakers start working....
  6. Audio Issue with Thinkpad Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue with Thinkpad Win10 2004: So I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X390 with the dreadful Windows 10 Pro 2004. I was doing my work earlier today and I opened youtube when it said I need to restart my computer to fix an audio issue. I don't remember exactly what is said. Anyway, I restarted it, and I got a power...
  7. Perf in games after windows reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perf in games after windows reinstalling.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, does anyone know, why I'm receiving 60-70 fps without vsync and 120 with after Win 2004 reinstalling.Also booting games up now slower (for 10-15 secs) that earlier. Also I'm receiving such fixed screen for 10-15 secs....
  8. flag

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    flag: Why was a Microsoft app flagged by defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/flag/ff35f1be-606d-43d2-b42e-6b572021ad28
  9. Flags

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flags: Shame on you Microsoft! Your bias in rubbing our noses in LGBT is rude and insensitive. I treat everyone I meet based only on their behavior, not their belief system, but stop rubbing my nose in LGBT! I'm sick of it! Stay out of my parade. You cannot overcome your own...
  10. Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson: In case anyone web searches this one - Have build 9926 running pretty well on Thinkpad X120E; 8gb, conventional hdd, E-350 APU. All the devices actually loaded pretty well - the only thing I fetched so far, manually, was the AMD USB filters package. Luckily, so far the...