Windows 10: White flash on chrome launch.

Discus and support White flash on chrome launch. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Honest_Anybody [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4fz9n/white_flash_on_chrome_launch/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Honest_Anybody, Dec 1, 2020.

1. White flash on chrome launch.

/u/Honest_Anybody, Dec 1, 2020

2. Google Chrome stuck on white screen

Ever since my latest update to for Win10, Google Chrome wont launch. I get a blank white screen, no resource locator window, nothing. Just min/mx/close in the top right hand corner. Went through Avast and Malwarebytes, and nothing was found. Called Google
    CS and worked on it for over an hour, and still nothing. They suggested I call MS CS, and Ive been on hold for over two hours now.

Things I've tried:

• running in Admin mode and User mode
    • going to chrome properties, and selecting/deselecting running under Win8 a few times
    • uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome (incidentally, when I "Googled" the download for Chrome using Edge, I was offended to find MS had co-opted half of the above the fold real estate to tell me why Edge was a better choice. Very poor user experience at best;
      full-blown bait-and-switch at worst.
    • running I incognito mode
    MS Edge works fine since the update. Of course it does.

Anyone else solve this?

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate]

cmaclean1011, Dec 1, 2020
  3. creeve4 Win User
    Chrome Bookmark Folders are screwed up

This is what I see in Chrome under about:gpu

Graphics Feature Status
    • Canvas: Hardware accelerated
    • 3D CSS: Hardware accelerated
    • Compositing: Hardware accelerated on all pages and threaded
    • CSS Animation: Accelerated and threaded
    • Flash 3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL multisampling: Hardware accelerated
    • Texture Sharing: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
    • Video: Hardware accelerated
    • Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL: Hardware accelerate
    The problem persists even after adding "--disable-gpu --disable-software-rasterizer" to the Chrome.exe shortcut as you suggested.

creeve4, Dec 1, 2020
  4. White flash on chrome launch.

Why do my quick launch icons flash when I click on the Chrome quick launch icon? Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I would like to ask if the issue persist while only launching Google Chrome or even other Taskbar/desktop icons.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

White flash on chrome launch.

1. White flash on chrome launch. - Similar Threads - White flash chrome

2. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  3. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  4. Flashing white after login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing white after login?: Something has gone very wrong with my windows 10 PC, when I log in to my user account the screen about 90% of the time will just flash white and desktop background. I can ctrl-alt-delete and log out, shut down etc, but nothing else. Safe mode works fine. Uninstalling the...
  5. White flashing after log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flashing after log in?: Starting randomly today (nothing changed hardware or software) after entering my pin I now get flashing white screen and just my wallpaper, with no inputs registered by the mouse or keyboard except ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I can boot into safe mode, remove video drivers...
  6. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  7. Google Chrome not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  8. Enabling flash in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Enabling flash in Chrome: Is there a "whitelist", or another way to "permanently" enable flash for an individual website in Chrome. 147339
  9. Chrome and Shockwave Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Shockwave Flash: I keep getting a notice that Shockwave Flash is not responding. So I removed it from Control Panel Add/Remove software. I still keep getting that notice. Where is it hiding. What else do I have to remove? 47113
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...