Windows 10: White flash when opening File Explorer

Discus and support White flash when opening File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jj2016, Apr 26, 2019.

1. jj2016 Win User

White flash when opening File Explorer

[youtube]3f_Cyd86lu4[/youtube]

Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I reinstalled Windows 10 (keeping all files and apps) but still problem persists. Enabled Admin account to see if it happens there and it does! How can I fix this?

:)

jj2016, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Deuce642 Win User

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
  4. White flash when opening File Explorer

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

White flash when opening File Explorer

1. White flash when opening File Explorer - Similar Threads - White flash opening

2. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  3. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  4. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting a white Flash when File explorer opens using Dark mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a white Flash when File explorer opens using Dark mode in windows 10: Well Since the New Update I get a white flash When browsing using Microsoft Edge or Opening File explorer but the flash is only persistent in these things when Dark Mode is Enabled anyone have any solutions other than simply not using dark mode? submitted by...
  6. File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing

File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LogiPredator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsoiq4/file_explorer_and_other_apps_flash_white_while/
  7. Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode: Is there anyway to fix this please? I did clean install Windows 10 and the flashes are much longer then before. Before it was very quick flash but now its much longer. submitted by /u/stonded [link] [comments]...
  8. Icons flash when opening file explorer in another application.

Icons flash when opening file explorer in another application.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/illegallegend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grrlb5/icons_flash_when_opening_file_explorer_in_another/
  9. File Explorer flashes when minimized

File Explorer flashes when minimized: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/al-herbi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqt4kd/file_explorer_flashes_when_minimized/
  10. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications: Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white. If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white. Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off' There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer makes a flash when opening

2. windows explorer white flash

3. windows 10 open explorer white flash