Windows 10: White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

Discus and support White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white. If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white. Easier to see when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PersonWithhat, May 14, 2019.

1. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white.

If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white.

Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off'
    There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color scheme it should actually have.

VStudio, Command Prompt, and a few other apps do not suffer from this issue.

All browsers (including chrome), Notepad++, File explorer, etc. suffer from this.

Anyway to get this fixed? Even via hacky solution would be great.
    Maybe some third-party apps that can fix this? >.>

Getting severe eye strain due to this bs.......

:)

PersonWithhat, May 14, 2019
  2. Bismy Win User

Windows are minimizing and maximizing in the background.

Thanks, Michelle. The SFC didn't detect any issue. Then I went ahead and ran

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    which I got from the second step you suggested. It found some database error with update which it fixed at the end. I can see now the application windows are minimizing and maximizing properly since then. It usually happens
    when I have multiple heavy applications running at the time. Yesterday I updated regular windows update again. Everything looks fine. Thanks a lot.

Bismy, May 14, 2019
  3. Bismy Win User
    Windows are minimizing and maximizing in the background.

I have problem with minimizing and maximizing windows in the windows 10 laptop. Some times the applications will minimize and maximize in the background. The maximizing window is not coming foreground. A Microsoft technical chat support associate
    asked me to ask this question here as he cant fix it.

Bismy, May 14, 2019
  4. Cerawy Win User

White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, May 14, 2019
Thema:

White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

1. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications - Similar Threads - White flash minimizing

2. Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized: Hello, when I alt-tab or try to go back to a open application after minimizing it or going to my desktop, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely...
  3. Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.: One of my application - When opened, is minimized to taskbar. I tried a lot of solutions with Cascade windows, Cntrl+Shift > Right click and Maximize windows. None of them helped. I have tried uninstall and re-install option, which also haven't worked....
  4. applications flash when minimized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    applications flash when minimized: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lelouches12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0jub6/applications_flash_when_minimized/
  5. minimize/maximize disappear

minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  6. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  7. Windows 10 Dark mode File Explorer flashes when opened, minimized or maximized!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark mode File Explorer flashes when opened, minimized or maximized!: I am getting blind, help. submitted by /u/GabenFixPls [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4yaxa/windows_10_dark_mode_file_explorer_flashes_when/
  8. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...
  9. Application shows ONLY the minimize,maximize and close buttons

Application shows ONLY the minimize,maximize and close buttons: Hi There, I am trying to fix an issue where one of my applications in Windows only shows up with the minimize,maximize and close buttons available. The application is usually a client with different funcions and buttons available but for some reason there is nothing but the...
  10. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when minimizing my background i see white