Windows 10: White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

Discus and support White flashes in explorer with dark mode active in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have dark mode active and when I open explorer the window flashes white quickly and when I expand to full screen it does it again and the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Billy2352, Dec 3, 2019.

1. White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

I have dark mode active and when I open explorer the window flashes white quickly and when I expand to full screen it does it again and the window looks glitchy for a split second like it's missing an animation. Has it always done this or is it something new as I have only just noticed it and now I can't unsee it. If anyone knows a fix please help as it's annoying me.

submitted by /u/Billy2352
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Billy2352, Dec 3, 2019
  2. BorjaZD Win User

About win 10 build 1809 dark mode white flash problem

Hello everibody

We know that there is a very annoying issue at file explorer when dark mode is enabled. (the White flash when opening folders)

But as there is no solution yet, i have the next question: is there any way to have the dark mode enabled ONLY at the Windows 10 menus (settings, devices, accounts, etc) but disabled in the file explorer?

this is to have the dark mode enabled at the modern ui but avoid the annoyances of file explorer white flash.

thanks you for your help

BorjaZD, Dec 3, 2019
  3. jonesH Win User
    File explorer in dark theme gone!

There was an option for choosing dark mode. I followed both suggestion above to the letter. But it did not fix the problem. Only Explorer is white. Which was the behavior before 1809.

jonesH, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Him07 Win User

White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

White Flash appears for a moment after updating to Windows 10 feature Update 1909

After Updating to Feature windows 10 update 1909, White color Flash appears for a moment while opening This PC or any other explorer window especially when in Dark App Mode.

Is there anyone who come across the same problem? Any idea how to get rid of this annoying white flash while the Dark App Mode is activated.

Him07, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

1. White flashes in explorer with dark mode active - Similar Threads - White flashes explorer

2. How to remove white line on Explorer dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove white line on Explorer dark theme: Does anyone know how to hide this white line? it's feel doesn't right for me when i move the cursor to that line, the cursor change it's icon to vertical up/down, but i can't drag it, kinda fixed height. [ATTACH]...
  3. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...
  4. Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer: Has anyone else had a impossible to remove grey bar show up in Explorer in Dark Mode? How do I get rid of this?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-weird-bar-in-explorer/f99e7b1b-2499-4120-9b67-5ba9c1f94904"
  5. About win 10 build 1809 dark mode white flash problem

in Windows 10 Support
    About win 10 build 1809 dark mode white flash problem: Hello everibody We know that there is a very annoying issue at file explorer when dark mode is enabled. (the White flash when opening folders) But as there is no solution yet, i have the next question: is there any way to have the dark mode enabled ONLY at the Windows 10...
  6. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  7. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc
  8. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode: Hi, I'm having an issue with most of my games. For some unknown reason the programs will flash white and say that they are not responding, this only seems to happen if I use my mouse and click on the actual window. Considering most of the games this happens with require the...