Windows 10: White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen

Discus and support White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I extracted files on a pc and they filled up my entire screen and then my pc was flickering white whenever I clicked it and the home screen is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marc McCaffrey, Jan 30, 2023.

1. White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen

I extracted files on a pc and they filled up my entire screen and then my pc was flickering white whenever I clicked it and the home screen is now invisible and it randomly comes back but crashes, how do I fix this?

:)

Marc McCaffrey, Jan 30, 2023

2. White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen

I extracted files on a pc and they filled up my entire screen and then my pc was flickering white whenever I clicked it and the home screen is now invisible and it randomly comes back but crashes, how do I fix this?

Marc McCaffrey, Jan 31, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen

Hi Marc,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Do you mean you extracted out a large zip file on your Desktop and it filled the Desktop with files?

Windows does not like a lot of files on the Desktop, that affects Windows performance.

Press and hold the power button on the case of your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

Wait a few seconds and start your PC again.

Does your PC boot into Windows correctly?

if it does, open File Explorer, then select the Desktop folder.

Delete all files that were extracted from your Desktop folder.

Then to extract that file again, create a folder somewhere on you PC and extract the file into that folder.

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2023
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

1. White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen - Similar Threads - White flicking screen

2. White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flicking screen caused by extracting files on home screen: I extracted files on a pc and they filled up my entire screen and then my pc was flickering white whenever I clicked it and the home screen is now invisible and it randomly comes back but crashes, how do I fix this?...
  3. windows 11 screen flicking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 screen flicking.: Hello everyone, I have windows 11, the screen keep flicking, like it tries to open a windows file, I disable display adapter and I got the same result. The the cpu utilization is 100%, I don't believe it is a display issue,please help me in this....
  4. windows 11 screen flicking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 screen flicking.: Hello everyone, I have windows 11, the screen keep flicking, like it tries to open a windows file, I disable display adapter and I got the same result. The the cpu utilization is 100%, I don't believe it is a display issue,please help me in this....
  5. I extracted a file and this happened, the screen keeps flashing white whenever I click on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I extracted a file and this happened, the screen keeps flashing white whenever I click on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Only-Big-9707 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvx5x2/i_extracted_a_file_and_this_happened_the_screen/
  6. Screen flicking when in Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicking when in Browser: OK so lets just start off with the specs:I've currently got a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming that I purchased in 2017 running with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti I mostly use a desktop pc, so I haven't had to use this laptop for a while and it's mostly been sitting away in the...
  7. Screen flicking when in Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flicking when in Browser: OK so lets just start off with the specs:I've currently got a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming that I purchased in 2017 running with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti I mostly use a desktop pc, so I haven't had to use this laptop for a while and it's mostly been sitting away in the...
  8. Screen flicking when in Browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. screen automatically goes full screen and flicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen automatically goes full screen and flicking: when using chrome or file explorer automatic my screen goes full screen and start flickering automatic going full screen and automatic coming to normal... i manually install display driver and does everything from google solution but nothing working......
  10. Flicking computer screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flicking computer screen: Hello Please can you advise. My laptop started flickering as i was working on it then i decided to turn it off but this message came up. Amy advise please? [IMG]...