Windows 10: White highlight around my text, poor quality text

Discus and support White highlight around my text, poor quality text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've read and tried everything on the forum that I've seen on this subject. It's not fixing it. How can I get rid of the poor text quality and back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kat-in-the-hat, Oct 13, 2020.

1. White highlight around my text, poor quality text

I've read and tried everything on the forum that I've seen on this subject. It's not fixing it. How can I get rid of the poor text quality and back shadow. it's really bad then text is highlighted. Thanks! I have a file with screen shots that I can upload.

:)

Kat-in-the-hat, Oct 13, 2020
  2. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Poor quality text when using HDR

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the TV and the computer?
    2. Are you facing the same issue even on computer or is it only with the TV monitor?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn off ClearType for the HDMI output connected to TV keeping your regular computer display. To do so,

1. Click on Start, type in ClearType and click on
      Adjust ClearType text option.
    2. The ClearType Text Tuner app will be opened on the screen.
    3. Uncheck > Turn on ClearType and click on
      Next.
    4. You’ll be able to see the options such as Yes, I want to tune all monitors now and
      No, only tune the monitors that I select.
    5. Select No, only tune the monitors that I select and click on the preferred monitor (TV) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    6. On the next page, select a text sample that looks most readable to you and click on the Next button.
    7. Repeat the same step on subsequent pages. You will see 5 screens with text samples in a row.
    8. Click on the Finish button to accept the changes you made.

Meanwhile, regarding the issue with the distorted colors and text quality I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to change the display settings to match the resolution of the display:

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard, click on
      System.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. You will see an option to Select and rearrange displays, click on the display associated with the TV.
    4. Scroll down to select the ‘Recommended’ option under
      Scale and layout to Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and
      Resolution.

For more information I would also suggest you to refer the article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 13, 2020
  4. ct5098 Win User

White highlight around my text, poor quality text

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

White highlight around my text, poor quality text

1. White highlight around my text, poor quality text - Similar Threads - White highlight around

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  4. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  5. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  6. Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.

Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.: Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue on my Windows 10 computer where any text I type, and any search bars I open, have a small two space wide grey box in them. I have attached pictures to show what I mean, I'm not sure how its happened but it is becoming rather annoying....
  7. highlighting text

highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  8. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  9. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  10. Poor quality text when using HDR

Poor quality text when using HDR: I would like to turn off cleartype for the HDMI output connected to my TV, but leave it on for my regular computer display, how do I do this? When using HDR for the TV, the text is smeared with distorted colors and looks generally bad....