Windows 10: White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning

Discus and support White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am using my ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10 installed. I am currently facing an issue where the entirety of windows has become unresponsive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CervidaeCider, May 14, 2021.

1. White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning

Hello, I am using my ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10 installed. I am currently facing an issue where the entirety of windows has become unresponsive. I am looking at my homescreen which shows all of the apps present on my desktop. Behind it is a white background which is normally not like so. My bottom taskbar is gone and my cursor is an hourglass everywhere I move it. With every click or keyboard press I get the same pop-up windows with the subject title "Microsoft Windows" reading "The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. [Space] do you wish to end this p

:)

CervidaeCider, May 14, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hourglass on cursor

Hi Black,

An hourglass on your cursor, generally means your PC is busy - is your PC sluggish when the hourglass is on your cursor?

If so

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Are any of your devices (CPU, RAM, DISC . . . etc.) very busy or up to 100%

DaveM121, May 14, 2021
  3. Hourglass on cursor

I've read and tried the various ways to get rid of the hourglass on my cursor. Its not there all the time but it annoys me. I've tried the Settings way through but that doesn't work and I've also tried the Lenovo Settings to ensure that both are in line
    with each other. but still it persists. I've also tried the troubleshooters but they don't deal with it. Anyone got any ideas please?

Black Darter, May 14, 2021
  4. White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning

hourglass cursor will not stop flashing

I just installed windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 PC and it was fine for a while, but when I logged in the next day, the cursor began flashing the hourglass to its right and it has not stopped. It interferes with drop down menus which only remain open for
    a millisecond before vanishing. It stops videos as though they're buffering and the taskbar flashes on the screen when I'm playing them fullscreen. I've tried rebooting my PC numerous times and I've tried everything suggested in previous help threads on here
    (and elsewhere), but they've all been either unsuccessful or irrelevant as each one is specific to Win8, 8.1, or 7. I've done numerous antivirus scans with Sophos, which I thought had been uninstalled due to being incompatible with Win10, but they've found
    nothing. I've tried ending all the possible tasks that could be responsible. This is driving me nuts and I had no problem on Windows 8/8.1.

hp user_00, May 14, 2021
Thema:

White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning

1. White homescreen, no taskbar, hourglass cursor, unresponsive keyboard, redundant warning - Similar Threads - White homescreen taskbar

2. Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.: I have been having this issue for a few days now. When I turn on my computer, the hourglass pops up next to my cursor almost immediately after logging in. I have tried restarting my computer, doing a clean reboot, and a number of other fixes and nothing has worked. In...
  3. Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.: I have been having this issue for a few days now. When I turn on my computer, the hourglass pops up next to my cursor almost immediately after logging in. I have tried restarting my computer, doing a clean reboot, and a number of other fixes and nothing has worked. In...
  4. unresponsive cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  5. unresponsive cursor

unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  6. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  7. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  8. Constant hourglass next to cursor

Constant hourglass next to cursor: HP Laptop. Windows 10 V20H2 My desktop has a constant arrow with an hourglass next to it. It may be AVG anti track, which shows up close to the top of Task Mgr. When I go to Control Panel I can see the program there and it is 111mb, But when I try to delete it, I get a...
  9. Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard: As above however I don't know the scale of the problem, but there sure is no way I can press the windows button and search for programs, Neither does it work with the "search icon". I recently had a friend come over and fix a problem with a "ctfmon.exe" file that made my c...
  10. Hourglass on cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hourglass on cursor: I've read and tried the various ways to get rid of the hourglass on my cursor. Its not there all the time but it annoys me. I've tried the Settings way through but that doesn't work and I've also tried the Lenovo Settings to ensure that both are in line with each other. but...