Windows 10: White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.

Discus and support White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is considering an executive order in the new year to declare a national emergency that would bar U.S.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.

Read more: Exclusive: White House mulls new year executive order to bar Huawei, ZTE purchases | Reuters

:)

Brink, Dec 27, 2018

2. ZTE MODEM is not working on Creators update.

Hi,

Your modem's driver may not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update, thus the error message you're receiving. Here are our suggestions for fixing the issue:

1) Update the modem driver through Device Manager.

• Press your Windows key and type Device Manager.
    • Right-click on it then look for the driver related to your ZTE
      modem.
    • Once located, click on the drop down button and choose Update driver.

2) Contact the modem's manufacturer.

• Since this issue also deals with a third-party product, contacting the support team of your manufacturer would also be a good step to take.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Bet, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Tuga Win User
    Lumia with Denim will not connect to ZTE MF60 Hot Spot

New test with Huawei R206 worked fine with both Cyan and Denim versions.

Try to get another ZTE Hot Spot model to run another test.

4. White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.

Huawei

Firstly, if you are experiencing problems with your Huawei E3276 USB Modem hanging ( Connecting ) after upgrading Windows 10 to 1703 Creators edition, try this as it fixed my problem after all other suggestions failed.

First of all make sure your USB Modem is plugged into your usual USB port and do the following.

Click on Windows Start icon in lower left corner of your screen, then select Settings - Click on Network Internet - on left hand side click on Cellular, then UNTICK " Let Windows manage this connection ", then click on " Advanced Options " and go to APN settings and change Default Internet APN from " Automatic " to whatever your known ISP setting is by clicking on the box with the drop down menu and selecting it from the list, mine was Optus Yes Internet, then after selecting your APN setting, scroll down the page and just check that your Modem is listed under Properties - Manufacturer = Huawei.

Close the Settings Window and test your Modem again, if it now works your problem should be solved, if it doesn't, try rebooting your computer and try connecting again and if all has returned to normal create a System Restore Point and call it Modem Fix after Creators Update......I hope this fix solves your problem.

gergreword, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.

1. White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S. - Similar Threads - White House Considers

2. U S B Saving Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    U S B Saving Device: G'day,[ATTACH][ATTACH] I do not know if this is the right place to ask a question of this nature. You people have helped me so many times before, so I thought I would give it a try. I have what I thought was an empty 32 g SanDisk stick. I copied a movie on to it so I...
  3. WhiteHouse executive order bans TikTok and WeChat in 45 days

in Windows 10 News
    WhiteHouse executive order bans TikTok and WeChat in 45 days: By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), and section 301 of...
  4. considering switching out of s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    considering switching out of s mode: I have a laptop with windows 10 s mode and am considering switching out of s mode. I don't like the limitations it has. My question is if I switch will my bookmarks still be there or will I lose them? Thanks, Jim....
  5. Dongle: ZTE MF112

Dongle: ZTE MF112: I get the error code 01 when downloading this dongles software onto a new PC with Windows 10. I have tried using the troubleshooter etc but it still will not work. I think I need a driver that works with windows 10 but despite searching have been unable find one. I...
  6. Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store: Dear Microsoft, I hope someone from MS directly will read this. I've tried the MS Store hotline already but unfortunately they weren't very helpful. I am in kind of a tricky situation right now. I bought a brand new Huawei Matebook from the Microsoft Store only two months...
  7. Huawei banned by the US

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Huawei banned by the US: Hey guys, I got the Huawei Matebook X Pro a month ago. It's awesome, however i am quite worried about the US ban, would this affect current laptops? Will my laptop suddenly not work at all since Microsoft might withdraw the Windows license from Huawei laptops? How should we,...
  8. worm messing up all the pc s in the house

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    worm messing up all the pc s in the house: trojan worm keeps using the resources on all my pcs, it started last year when someone tried to pull my files out ui says it's still there, but you dig deeper you find all files are 68 kb and r ghosted. I did avoid the ransom end by deleting my account (I was getting emailed...
  9. u s b

u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  10. u s b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...