Windows 10: White icon folders

Discus and support White icon folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To solve this: Go to this PC and locate local disc (C) , Right click on it, > Locate properties > Mark all items in Disk clean and then clean. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GoodOne Phillip, Sep 2, 2019.

1. White icon folders

To solve this: Go to this PC and locate local disc (C) , Right click on it, > Locate properties > Mark all items in Disk clean and then clean.
    After it will go back to normal..
    Thanks

:)

GoodOne Phillip, Sep 2, 2019

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin White icon folders :D

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 2, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Sep 2, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

White icon folders

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

White icon folders

1. White icon folders - Similar Threads - White icon folders

2. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  3. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  4. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small white rectangle below folder icons: I've tried restarting my pc, updating my windows 10 version and looking it up on youtube but cant seem to find anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-white-rectangle-below-folder-icons/6798729b-5a4b-4f4a-8da4-1f8abad8399b
  5. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small white rectangle below folder icons: I've tried restarting my pc, updating my windows 10 version and looking it up on youtube but cant seem to find anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-white-rectangle-below-folder-icons/6798729b-5a4b-4f4a-8da4-1f8abad8399b
  6. Icons become plain white folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons become plain white folder: I have pinned apps in my taskbar. It became plain white folder and cant click on it. I hover the mouse and you will be able to see the icons name but unresponsive. The icons in the start menu is not affected however when I try to re pin the apps it remains the same. It happen...
  7. Icons become plain white folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons become plain white folder: I have pinned apps in my taskbar. It became plain white folder and cant click on it. I hover the mouse and you will be able to see the icons name but unresponsive. The icons in the start menu is not affected however when I try to re pin the apps it remains the same. It happen...
  8. Icons become plain white folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...
  10. White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons: [img] It happened suddenly, today. I have 4 shortcuts on my desktop which I use to quickly save files to the various folders. I selected the Icons to make them look good and distinguish between them. After an upgrade they displayed white overlays which add nothing to their...