Windows 10: White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit

Discus and support White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, for about 4-6 months now, when i start up my PC, it'll either startup normally, or after it auto-signs in, all my desktop icons will stay white and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zebra Reflex, Nov 5, 2018.

1. White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit

So, for about 4-6 months now, when i start up my PC, it'll either startup normally, or after it auto-signs in, all my desktop icons will stay white and am unable to open anything, for about 5 minutes. Or I'll just have a black screen with a movable mouse cursor. In both cases, i can hit the reset button on my PC case and itll restart and start up normally within 10-15 seconds. Where you can see this hasn't been a major issue, with a quick temporary fix, i would like to find out whats going on with my PC and how to fix it. I just hope i dont have a hardware issue

Windows 10 64bit

Asus maximus hero VII

I7-4790k

16GB 2133MHz DDR3

250GB samsung 840 Evo

Gtx 1060 6GB

:)

Zebra Reflex, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 5, 2018
  4. White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit

Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hello Ian,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried updating your network card driver? If yes, try to use the previous version of your network card driver.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

We suggest following the steps on this article
    to help you troubleshoot black screen issues in Windows 10.

Also, check if the issue occurs in a clean boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows 10. Check the steps on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit

1. White Icons or Black Screen on startup Windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - White Icons Black

2. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  3. Why is my Windows 10 icons black and white?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my Windows 10 icons black and white?: I recently downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10. My Windows 10 icon is black and white. Can anyone help me fix this? Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-10-icons-black-and-white/87af8288-4d8d-4dfd-a7c8-7e5c128ba5dd
  4. White and black screen

White and black screen: Hey Microsoft team, I really need your help. I downloaded a new skin pack for my acer aspire win 10 and it started restarting on its own, I left it for 1 hr coming back it showed the windows logo while booting, after that started showing white and black screen and didn't...
  5. black and white screen

black and white screen: what can i do to get my screen in color it was a split screen you helped with that and now its black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-and-white-screen/33994b21-925a-4f9d-855f-0046aaa2176e
  6. screen in black & white

screen in black & white: My screen showing in black and white. Pressing Ctrl + Windows + C and it won't change it back to color....?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-in-black-white/a8e833e3-2709-4917-b1ae-7d00040a930d
  7. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I am unable to change my screen back to the previous background colour. Not only this, but all the photos in my albums have also turned black/white/grey. No more colour in my photos or on screen. In settings - personalisation - colours, I am only being shown a grey colour-...
  8. Black and White Screen

Black and White Screen: Okay, so everytime I play a video or launch a game, it converts its color to black and white. I can see color only for around 2 seconds then it just turns black and white. I've restarted my computer, checked to see if my color filter was off it was, I even checked high...
  9. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I just got a new computer with the windows 10. I am not very good with computers and went to change the picture to one of my photos and now I have a black and white everything. Can someone help me - explain in easy terms or draw me a picture? I have tried the virtual...
  10. Black/white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/white screen: Since I upgraded to the pre-release 18875 on windows 10 home which my HP laptop continues to freeze up all the time. How can I get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackwhite-screen/973bc1c0-6539-4f85-ac7c-c575f9500b2c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 64bit black screen from startup