Windows 10: White Icons

Discus and support White Icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I got a issue with my pc, after today released update, games icon became white. Things were like this, firstly i got update today in the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShahriyarHuseynli, Sep 15, 2018.

1. White Icons

Hi. I got a issue with my pc, after today released update, games icon became white. Things were like this, firstly i got update today in the morning and i didi restart as how should it be and then everything were perfectly fine. I turn off pc and after couple of hours when i came back and opened pc, all games icons became white and beside that i could not access to any games, at the same time when i click to settings menu in order to get applications so that to delete games, it does not load any applications its just white, meanwhile other features like searching games or apllications through search option at the bottom, right near to start up did not find anything as like it was stuck with loading and also when i click in settings, when i get into monitor i got aonly white blank too, so really dont know what to do. Please help!

***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

ShahriyarHuseynli, Sep 15, 2018
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 15, 2018
  4. res0khor Win User

White Icons

white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

White Icons

1. White Icons - Similar Threads - White Icons

2. Icons are showing as white and blue boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons are showing as white and blue boxes: All of sudden all the shortcut and exe files are showing as blue and white boxes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-showing-as-white-and-blue-boxes/0c697cdc-7a32-4e52-9d4e-5c8e34eb25db
  3. Icons are showing as white and blue boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are showing as white and blue boxes: All of sudden all the shortcut and exe files are showing as blue and white boxes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-showing-as-white-and-blue-boxes/0c697cdc-7a32-4e52-9d4e-5c8e34eb25db
  4. Icons are showing as white and blue boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  6. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  7. How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?: How to remove these white parts of my desktop icons. I want a clean desktop without these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-white-pictures-on-desktop-icons/665ccbb3-042d-46b4-b70e-6cc72f9d209e
  8. How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?

How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?: How to remove these white parts of my desktop icons. I want a clean desktop without these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-white-pictures-on-desktop-icons/665ccbb3-042d-46b4-b70e-6cc72f9d209e
  9. I lost the icons of files containing mouse cursor icons, now there is just a white sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost the icons of files containing mouse cursor icons, now there is just a white sheet: It all started with the fact that I put the default application for reading files of type .cur, but after that the icons of all files of this type changed to the icon of this application, I did not like it, and I uninstalled it, but the icons did not return, which is very...
  10. I lost the icons of files containing mouse cursor icons, now there is just a white sheet

I lost the icons of files containing mouse cursor icons, now there is just a white sheet: It all started with the fact that I put the default application for reading files of type .cur, but after that the icons of all files of this type changed to the icon of this application, I did not like it, and I uninstalled it, but the icons did not return, which is very...