Windows 10: White Icons

Discus and support White Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Forgive me girls and boys if I am in the wrong section for desktop issues. My brother has recently installed Windows 10 and has one annoying issue;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFTommy, Aug 5, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

White Icons

Forgive me girls and boys if I am in the wrong section for desktop issues.
    My brother has recently installed Windows 10 and has one annoying issue; all of the desktop icon shortcuts that pertain to Windows apps are fine but the ones that are url shortcuts are white; as if they have no file association. He rechecked and his default browser was "MS Edge". If he changes default browser to "Google" all is well. NO HELP if he goes to Settings/Display/Default Apps and resets to MS recommended defaults. I don't have the same problem.

:)

AFTommy, Aug 5, 2015
  2. bvazx Win User

Creator's Update | Can't see picture file icons well

Thanks. Works.

But, Microsoft have to change the color of PhotoApp icon...

Nobody can see the white icon on the white background! )))))

bvazx, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Opened program indication

When you have an opened program, there is a white line below the opened program icon in the taskbar, is it possible to move this white line above the icon ?

StraightWorld, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

White Icons

1. White Icons - Similar Threads - White Icons

2. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  3. White x in Red circle on drive icons in File Explorer windows 10 What does this mean & how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White x in Red circle on drive icons in File Explorer windows 10 What does this mean & how...: This is my File explorer [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-in-red-circle-on-drive-icons-in-file/e4543c8e-a963-4324-aea9-9cffc40023f1"
  4. White 'x' on all drive icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White 'x' on all drive icons: After Windows 10 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 all the drive icons in windows explore have a white x in a red circle, see screenshot. What dos this mean? [ATTACH]...
  5. White icons when new user signs in after coming out of audit mode on windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White icons when new user signs in after coming out of audit mode on windows 10.: I am having trouble with several machines that have white icons and the inability to use windows file explorer after a new user signs in. The admin accounts I use are all fine and work. It seems non admin users get white icons and can not use many features inside windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background

Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background: Hello Community, when i do an Cortana Search on my Windows 10, all App Icons in the search results are broken: [ATTACH] What I tried so far without success: - Reset Icon cache - Reset Thumbnail Cache - dism restorehealth My Windows Version: [ATTACH] Any idea how to...
  7. Windows 10 White Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 White Icons: After the last update my icons turned white and I can't get them back. The only icons that appear new icons like Edge, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Mail and Snip & Sketch. Chrome, Adobe Reader DC, File Explorer and so on, show a white page symbol. Even if I go to file...
  8. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.: Hi, My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-font-in-white-cant-read-on-white/8d4eef1a-3233-4e69-85bd-7bcb7cfa1ae4
  9. windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white

windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white: Hi, Windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icon-lettering-does-not-change/7381e753-849f-477a-b620-fd4bb7ff70fe
  10. How to remove white border from Windows 10 Pro taskbar ?? near the battery level and sound icon

How to remove white border from Windows 10 Pro taskbar ?? near the battery level and sound icon: Here's a video of what is happening: https://vimeo.com/user95029446/review/316829259/6e3a8d4c00 Please wait a little bit, it will start Thank you...