Windows 10: White line in between dual monitor screen

Discus and support White line in between dual monitor screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I bought a new PC and connected 2 monitors to it. I noticed that there is a vertical white line at the left hand side of the monitor on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevinong39, Sep 17, 2020.

1. White line in between dual monitor screen

Recently I bought a new PC and connected 2 monitors to it. I noticed that there is a vertical white line at the left hand side of the monitor on the right. It only shows when I am on desktop screen on my monitor on the right, or when I am on the windows on the left monitor.

This occurs every time I on my PC and I am able to solve this by minimizing then maximizing the window usually discord on the left monitor. However, is there any long term solution to this?
    White line in between dual monitor screen 79e480cf-094a-46f3-9d01-0e1cb35130f6?upload=true.png White line in between dual monitor screen 659eb771-c412-456f-9ef6-ec2892b871da?upload=true.png

:)

Kevinong39, Sep 17, 2020
  2. ecoh419 Win User

Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Hello All

I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update my dual screen set up is experiencing a large horizontal line traveling up one of my displays with shaking below. I have attached an image.

White line in between dual monitor screen [​IMG]

This first happened on my primary display (29" Asus connect with display port). After rebooting the tearing then moved over to my secondary display where it has remained for the last week intermittently. (Samsung 22" connected with a VGA to DVI adapter). Both Monitors are connected to my ATI R9 270.

I have ruled out the display hardware as this issue goes away in safe mode. If I set my computer to only use one display either the 22" or 29", the issue is gone. I have also connected to another computer (mac book pro) and the tearing does not persist.

Other things I have tried:

• Reboot
    • Shut down
    • Pulled power cords from monitors and pc for 30 minutes
    • Update graphics card driver
    • Reinstall graphic card driver
    • Try different connectors
    • Uninstall display device in hardware manager

Any and all help is appreciated as this one is really driving my nuts!

ecoh419, Sep 17, 2020
  3. White Box on screen

The users has a dual screen setup. The scale and layout is at 150% on both screens. The user gets this screen (see below) intermittently on both. The user is unable to interact with that white portion when it appears.

The following troubleshooting steps was performed:

1. Updated Windows and all drivers related to the computer using the website.
    2. Changed monitor interface from DVI to VGA for both.
    3. Changed scaling to 100% and resolution to 1920 x Y to 1366 x 768
    4. Gone into Intel HD Graphics control to Scale full screen

White line in between dual monitor screen 1664adf8-48ac-4549-b7ce-1e82eab9db23?upload=true.jpg

gentech1234, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

White line in between dual monitor screen

Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

White line in between dual monitor screen

1. White line in between dual monitor screen - Similar Threads - White line between

2. Line between screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line between screen: Hello, My laptop had no display issue but for the past 2 weeks there is a line in the middle of my screen. Pls helpArnav https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-between-screen/c0efa89e-5a83-41e2-a3d7-3676ad940acc
  3. Line between screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line between screen: Hello, My laptop had no display issue but for the past 2 weeks there is a line in the middle of my screen. Pls helpArnav https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-between-screen/c0efa89e-5a83-41e2-a3d7-3676ad940acc
  4. White line on left side of monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White line on left side of monitor: I've recently got a second monitor and there is a 1 pixel thin line on the left hand side of my screen. it only appears if I'm either on the desktop or on another tab on my other monitor. Is there something I can do to fix this problem or is the monitor broken? Thanks, Lucas....
  5. White line on left side of monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White line on left side of monitor: I've recently got a second monitor and there is a 1 pixel thin line on the left hand side of my screen. it only appears if I'm either on the desktop or on another tab on my other monitor. Is there something I can do to fix this problem or is the monitor broken? Thanks, Lucas....
  6. White line on left side of monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup: Hi, I recently upgraded my setup and bought an NVIDIA graphics card all the latest drivers are installed, which I hooked up to my dual monitors. Sometimes, when I'm using a program on the main monitor, a white vertical line only a couple of pixels wide appears on the edge...
  8. Monitors switching between normal views and white screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors switching between normal views and white screens: I just came intor my office and found my monitors all white. I turned the computer off with the off button, and then turned it on again. After startup, the monitors switched between normal view and white screens. I again turned the computer off, waited a little longer before...
  9. Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors: How do I keep my mouse from sticking between dual moniters? I run windows 10, should I go back to 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-sticks-between-screens-of-dual-monitors/438a3028-b407-44fe-a851-8e4aa10f6549
  10. dual monitors lines issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dual monitors lines issue: i updated to windows 10 and seeminly have some graphics driver issues. i get these strange lines when i move stuff around etc. window to show what happens. tried rolling back drivers and updating to new nvidia beta drivers but no change. video included shows the issue....