Windows 10: White lock screen background issue

Discus and support White lock screen background issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My lock screen has a plain white background for some reason. I've tried switching it multiple times to different images in the lock screen settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jan 7, 2019.

1. White lock screen background issue

My lock screen has a plain white background for some reason. I've tried switching it multiple times to different images in the lock screen settings with no change. When I hit enter on my lockscreen and go to the password entry screen I DO see the correct background.

White lock screen background issue [​IMG]

Any help is appreciated.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jan 7, 2019

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

White lock screen background issue

Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

White lock screen background issue

1. White lock screen background issue - Similar Threads - White lock screen

2. Screen White issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen White issue: Why my windows 11 laptop Home screen and task bar gets white for few seconds and AMD radeon software turns off from task bar??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-white-issue/d27c7a1e-d8d6-464e-b1ba-495a291eec05
  3. Lock Screen Background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background: I have checked Windows Spotlight on the Lock screen / Background, but the picture never changes. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/24a64239-4ff4-493d-ab96-a3694cbb914d
  4. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  5. Locked screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked screen background: Hi all, I have a problem with my locked screen background. This morning I went to work, and it was still a Windows Spotlight picture. I did a quick nap, and when I turned my computer back on, it was not a Windows Spotlight picture anymore, but instead it was a picture that...
  6. lock screen background

lock screen background: i cannot change me lock screen background, like i cannot press this button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/f795fca4-1d28-4cf7-9232-fdb25e16f5bc
  7. Issue with lock screen background picture

Issue with lock screen background picture: In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or...
  8. White lock screen background issue

in Windows 10 Support
    White lock screen background issue: My lock screen has a plain white background for some reason. I've tried switching it multiple times to different images in the lock screen settings with no change. When I hit enter on my lockscreen and go to the password entry screen I DO see the correct background. [img]...
  9. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  10. Lock Screen Background

Lock Screen Background: How can I stop the background picture, I want to keep on the lock screen background, from changing? I have the choices set to "picture", however, in the small boxes underneath the preview screen, not only is the picture I want to keep on the lock screen background shown in...