Windows 10: White Noise on all Video Content

Discus and support White Noise on all Video Content in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past two weeks I have been unable to play any video content on my Laptop due to White Noise interference which is louder than the the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CHRISTOPHERCUTLER, Aug 26, 2019.

1. White Noise on all Video Content

For the past two weeks I have been unable to play any video content on my Laptop due to White Noise interference which is louder than the the audio content of the video.

This White Noise also accompanies all incoming messages on Outlook.

Can someone give a simple explanation and remedy.

Thanks

:)

CHRISTOPHERCUTLER, Aug 26, 2019

2. White Noise on Video Content

As of yesterday when ever I try to open a video, you tube I am hearing a very annoying 'white noise' over and above the commentary or audio content.

This sound is even accompanying incoming email messages on Outlook.

I have run troubleshooter and restarted my laptop but this has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions ?

CHRISTOPHERCUTLER, Aug 26, 2019
  3. White noise

Every so often when I open a window [new tab] my computer will play white noise (babbling brook, chirping birds) and I don't know how to disable it / turn it off. Suggestions?

fc1e0359-cac6-4e0e-9af1-a9484b1bf312, Aug 26, 2019
  4. White Noise on all Video Content

White Noise on Video Content

Hi Christopher

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates

Download and install any pending updates

Restart your computer

Right click the Sound icon in the Taskbar

Click Sounds

Click the Playback tab

Select your Speaker

Click on Properties

Click on the Advanced tab

Under Default format, click in the list box and choose 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)

Click Apply then OK

In that same window, click on the Enhancement tab then check the box Disable all Sound effects

Click OK

Go back to the Advanced tab

Uncheck the first box under 'Exclusive mode'

Click Ok > OK

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Sound, video and game controllers

Right click your audio adapter in the list

Click Click Search automatically for updated driver

If it doesn't find an updated driver and says the best one is already installed, in that same window, click Search for updated drivers on Windows Update

This should launch Windows Update and scan for newer drivers.

Additional steps you can take, press Windows key + X

Click Power Options

Under Related settings, click 'Additional power settings'

Under Selected plan, if the option is available, choose 'High performance'

If there is no progress, download and install the following software:

Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

Run a scan on your system and it will give you some clues to as what might be causing the interference.

Right click the volume icon in the taskbar then click Open Sound Settings

Click Sound control panel under 'Related settings'

Select Communications tab

Choose Do nothing

If there is an 'Enhancements' tab, click on it then check the box to 'Disable all enhancements'.

Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Hit Enter

Scroll down to Windows Audio

Double click it then change Startup type to ‘Automatic’

Click Start

Click Apply then oK.

If the problem persists, I recommend updating the BIOS and chipset drivers.

What is the exact make and model?

Open Start, type: system information

Hit Enter

Click System summary

Look in the right pane

Copy the system sku info into reply here.

See example: Imgur

Andre for Directly, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

White Noise on all Video Content

1. White Noise on all Video Content - Similar Threads - White Noise Video

2. White noise in my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White noise in my headphones: I'm using Serafim A1 headphones on windows 10, which in essence are fine, but whenever I use the booster that comes with the headphones in the box I immediately get white noise. Is there something a problem with windows 10, or is it an issue with the company?...
  3. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  4. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  5. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. White noise on videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White noise on videos: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 11. On some, not all, videos, I get best described as white noise, see screen shot and am unable to view it. I'm guessing it only does this on certain video formats. Does anyone have an answer to this?...
  7. White noise on videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White noise on videos: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 11. On some, not all, videos, I get best described as white noise, see screen shot and am unable to view it. I'm guessing it only does this on certain video formats. Does anyone have an answer to this?...
  8. White noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White noise: When I turn on a Microsoft game app like Microsoft Mahjong my computer speakers make a very loud white noise. It turns off when I close the app the sound stops. It is very loud!...
  9. White noise/static from all headphones in laptop

White noise/static from all headphones in laptop: Yesterday my headphone started making this loud white noise/static sound while plugged into my ASUS laptop. I tried changing headphones and the noise still persists, but when unplugged the speakers sound fine. None of the enhancements are on, the mic is turned off, and I've...
  10. White Noise on Video Content

White Noise on Video Content: As of yesterday when ever I try to open a video, you tube I am hearing a very annoying 'white noise' over and above the commentary or audio content. This sound is even accompanying incoming email messages on Outlook. I have run troubleshooter and restarted my laptop but...