Windows 10: White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer

Discus and support White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to remove it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] (Windows 10 Pro, 1909, OS build 18363.476)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by N Pravdin, Nov 19, 2019.

1. N Pravdin Win User

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer

How to remove it?

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer b4b46198-2037-4891-869a-fa15351e8c48?upload=true.png

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer 4d1a740f-99b6-45dc-a1b2-653c1058d439?upload=true.png

(Windows 10 Pro, 1909, OS build 18363.476)

:)

N Pravdin, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Nov 19, 2019
  4. White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer

Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer

1. White panel splitter below the ribbon in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - White panel splitter

2. File Explorer Search Bar Not Working/Show Below Ribbon function [Both corrupt?]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Not Working/Show Below Ribbon function [Both corrupt?]: 1. The File Explorer Search Bar is broken and I cannot fix it, nor can I find a fix. As you can see below, the File Explorer Search Bar is covering the Red "X" that normally closes the File Explorer Window. I cannot type anything within that search bar at all.2. Within the...
  3. File Explorer Search Bar Not Working/Show Below Ribbon function [Both corrupt?]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Not Working/Show Below Ribbon function [Both corrupt?]: 1. The File Explorer Search Bar is broken and I cannot fix it, nor can I find a fix. As you can see below, the File Explorer Search Bar is covering the Red "X" that normally closes the File Explorer Window. I cannot type anything within that search bar at all.2. Within the...
  4. A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode: Does anyone know how to remove this white ribbon in File Explorer below the search bar. It appeared after I reset my Windows. It is very irritating to my eyes.Windows 10...
  5. Green ribbon and slow windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon and slow windows explorer: Every time I open windows explorer it locks up my whole PC for several minutes while it does *something* that involves a green status ribbon filling the address bar. If I leave it sitting on "This PC" it sometimes does it again and again. I do not care what service Windows...
  6. White Bar over Ribbon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White Bar over Ribbon: I've a number of users encountering the White Bar over the upper ribbon issue on a number of our Amazon Workspaces. The Workspaces are Server 2016 machines using Windows 10 virtualization and the issue happened starting in January of this year for some users. This seems to...
  7. [Explorer] White line below the navigation bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Explorer] White line below the navigation bar: In my dell XPS 13 7390 4k, I am getting this white line below the navigation bar in file explorer when using the dark theme on build 18363.535. Does anyone have the same issue? https://imgur.com/LOHBY1i submitted by /u/bnayagrawal [link] [comments]...
  8. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512
  9. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  10. Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon: How to: Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon How to Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...