Windows 10: White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing

Discus and support White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, a bit after I start up my laptop, there is a white pixel that is stuck on the top left area of my screen. When I shut my laptop down though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farigamo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing

Recently, a bit after I start up my laptop, there is a white pixel that is stuck on the top left area of my screen.

When I shut my laptop down though, as it says "shutting down" the white pixel disappears. It's no longer there when I turn my laptop on again, but only for a little while. It returns eventually, but not the same spot. The only consistent thing about it is that it's always in the top left corner of my screen.

I've tried updating my gpu via geforce experience, and I've tried using jscreen to get rid of it with no luck.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/farigamo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/farigamo, Jun 26, 2020
  2. ante237 Win User

White pixel on screen

Hello Sumit,

I tried following your steps, however, the white pixel appeared again before I installed the display drivers. Also, no idea if this will help you but the white pixel is not there when I boot in safe mode. Any idea on what can be wrong?

ante237, Jun 26, 2020
  3. ante237 Win User
    White pixel on screen

I have a single white pixel that is stuck on my screen. It appears about 1 minute after I log in and is in a different spot every time I restart my PC. It on my main display, and when I change main display it appears on the other screen instead, which
    rules out it being a stuck pixel. Any help would be appreciated.

ante237, Jun 26, 2020
  4. White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing

1. White pixel on laptop screen always reappearing - Similar Threads - White pixel laptop

2. Screen pixelling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen pixelling: Is the problem with windows or it could be my Graphics card?N.B It only happens with apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pixelling/3723e82d-0a6d-4987-9de0-07328c2fae70
  3. Screen pixelling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen pixelling: Is the problem with windows or it could be my Graphics card?N.B It only happens with apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pixelling/3723e82d-0a6d-4987-9de0-07328c2fae70
  4. Laptop screen is completely white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen is completely white screen: It happened the second time when I started my laptop it showed only white screen. I did force the shutdown by power button started again and still it showed white screen I did it like 4-5 times and now the screen Is working but it also happened yesterday too. I don't know why...
  5. Laptop white screens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop white screens: my laptop grey screens on startup. it doesn't show any signs of booting into windows, just a grey screen. After a few seconds, it shuts off by itself. could anyone find the issue?...
  6. Pixel errors/ flickering white pixels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pixel errors/ flickering white pixels: Hi, yesterday I build my first PC with the help of a friend, everything went pretty good, until i booted windows. My desktop is full with white flickering pixels and in games, like Overwatch, CS:GO the whole screen is flickering and its literally unplayable. here are some...
  7. White pixel on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White pixel on screen: I have a single white pixel that is stuck on my screen. It appears about 1 minute after I log in and is in a different spot every time I restart my PC. It on my main display, and when I change main display it appears on the other screen instead, which rules out it being a...
  8. Background always pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background always pixelated: Hello, I try to use a wallpaper but it always comes out pixelated even if I choose the resolution that is the same as my monitor. I dont know if this helps but i use a dell latitude 3380 laptop. And also every picture I download has a resolution of 300x168 and i cant change...
  9. Laptop screen is white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen is white: I bought a used laptop and the screen is just white when I turn it on. I hooked it up to an external monitor and ran a diagnostic that says everything is working fine (obviously it's not!) is there some setting or option I'm unaware of to get my screen to work? Seems if it...
  10. Screen pixelation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen pixelation: Ever since Windows 10 most recent update, my screen becomes pixelated at various times and the screen is unreadable. I contacted Windows support chat yesterday. The rep took over control of my computer, said he was creating a restore point, then a few minutes later my...