Windows 10: white screen after login

Discus and support white screen after login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My homescreen will load in normal, all the icons will appear, but before I can open or select anything the entire screen becomes white. I can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/That_Good_Noob, Jun 6, 2022.

1. white screen after login

My homescreen will load in normal, all the icons will appear, but before I can open or select anything the entire screen becomes white.

I can still access task manager with ctrl alt del. But I'm not sure what else to do.

I ran the safe mode troubleshoot and that didnt fix the problem. Should I reinstall windows? Looking for any suggestions.

submitted by /u/That_Good_Noob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/That_Good_Noob, Jun 6, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2022
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 6, 2022
  4. white screen after login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

white screen after login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

white screen after login

1. white screen after login - Similar Threads - white screen login

2. White screen after deployment and initial login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen after deployment and initial login: I have many users who, after initially deploying a windows 10 device and signing in, receive a blank white screen. As an IT Tech, I know the fix, but advising our users over the phone to perform the fix isn't always necessarily feasible. It would make more sense for Microsoft...
  3. White screen after deployment and initial login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen after deployment and initial login: I have many users who, after initially deploying a windows 10 device and signing in, receive a blank white screen. As an IT Tech, I know the fix, but advising our users over the phone to perform the fix isn't always necessarily feasible. It would make more sense for Microsoft...
  4. White screen after deployment and initial login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  6. White flickering screen after login

White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  7. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 white screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 white screen after login: This screen appears after login and stays for maybe 2-3 minutes then the desktop appears.The icons in the lower right corner work. If I do an in-place reinstall this screen does not appear until a few reboots later, then it reappears. Can't find a fix anywhere, any help...
  9. Windows 11 white screen after login

Windows 11 white screen after login: This screen appears after login and stays for maybe 2-3 minutes then the desktop appears.The icons in the lower right corner work. If I do an in-place reinstall this screen does not appear until a few reboots later, then it reappears. Can't find a fix anywhere, any help...
  10. White screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after login: I updated my pc last night (HP 20 all in 1 pc) and today when I boot it up and login, it turns into a white screen with my cursor. I was able to move my cursor. I tried to alt+control +delete and open task manager but it didn't appear( I could get into the alt+ctrl+del page...