Windows 10: White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron

Discus and support White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team after yesterdays update on my dell inspiron laptop, i am getting complete white screen plus not able to view anything tried connecting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sachindongarkar, Jul 12, 2019.

1. White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron

Hi Team

after yesterdays update on my dell inspiron laptop, i am getting complete white screen plus not able to view anything

tried connecting with other screen via HDMI but same issue.

system became completely un-usable now

Kindly help if anyone has faced the same issue

Regards,

Sachin

:)

sachindongarkar, Jul 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:

Dell Inspiron 3847
    Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G
    12GB RAM
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
    1TB SATA HDD

It downloads and attempts to install the latest updates then several hours later reverts back to where it was.
    So far:
    - installed & ran Windows Update Troubleshooter & taken the steps that it suggests
    - renamed Windows 10 upgrade folder and downloaded the latest updates
    - deleted the software distribution folder & downloaded/installed again
    - ran windows cleanup and deleted all those files
    - tried stopping & disabling the windows update service to prevent it from continuing
    There is licensed software so a clean install is out of the question.

These PC's are installed in a restaurant and when this happens the whole place shuts down during lunch & dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

pointofsaleexp, Jul 12, 2019
  3. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Jul 12, 2019
  4. DanHoover Win User

White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron

Windows 10 Black Screen Problem for Dell Inspiron N5110

I did a fresh install to Win10 on a new SSD. install went OK until the second update and then black screen.

Found a suggestion elsewhere to plug in an external VGA monitor and it worked fine.

Then I updated to bios version 11 from Dell's site and after the reboot the laptop screen is working.

in my case the laptop is: an Inspiron 15R (N5110, Early 2011)

BIOS update here:

Support für Inspiron 15R N5110 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

I also updated the dell quickset, and the function keys are working for screen brightness and volume control.

WiFi works Audio works, that's all I've tried.

DanHoover, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron

1. White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron - Similar Threads - White screen update

2. Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, 9 yrs old. It works fine. Since Windows updates 2 days ago Jan 11, 2024 the computer will not boot up. Power switch lights up, then a black screen with the Dell logo in the center, and nothing else. Neither keyboard nor mouse will respond. I...
  3. Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, 9 yrs old. It works fine. Since Windows updates 2 days ago Jan 11, 2024 the computer will not boot up. Power switch lights up, then a black screen with the Dell logo in the center, and nothing else. Neither keyboard nor mouse will respond. I...
  4. Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. White Screen After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen After Updating Windows 10: Hi everybody, I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop. The current version of Windows 10 in my laptop is 1803. Since 4 days, I've been trying to update it but it doesn't seem to work out. After updating using following methods, I get a wavy white screen of death, and then...
  6. White screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    White screen after Windows 10 update: Just applied windows 10 update. Said 100% installed. Now only get white screen, except do get weather/time in corner. I'm not sure if it was version 21H1 or 20??. Does not respond to any keys or anything. 182353
  7. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  8. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  9. White screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen after Windows 10 update: Hello All, Last weekend my laptop did an update. After restart, I was able to do the Login, but then, become a white screen that shows just an option to activate the Narrator option. If I restart the computer I have the Login screen, but then I got a white screen again....
  10. UPDATING MY DELL iNSPIRON 2330

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPDATING MY DELL iNSPIRON 2330: Good morning to one and all I have a question about updating my computer I have a Dell Inspiron 2330 all in one with there specs Dell Inc. Inspiron One 2330 00 System Service Tag: C8LSTX1 (support for this PC) Chassis Serial Number: C8LSTX1 Enclosure Type: All-in-One...