Windows 10: White screen after Windows 10 update

Discus and support White screen after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, Last weekend my laptop did an update. After restart, I was able to do the Login, but then, become a white screen that shows just an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanteDantas, Oct 23, 2018.

1. White screen after Windows 10 update

Hello All,

Last weekend my laptop did an update. After restart, I was able to do the Login, but then, become a white screen that shows just an option to activate the Narrator option. If I restart the computer I have the Login screen, but then I got a white screen again.

If I try to recover from the last backup point (exactly from the date of the update), it has an error. If I try to reinstall the Windows 10 from the recovery partition it says that has an error too.

Could someone, please, give me some help?

:)

DanteDantas, Oct 23, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 White Screen After Updating

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10 (Windows update/ Media creation tool)?
    • Are you able to access your computer?
    • When exactly you get white screen on your computer?
    • Have you tried performing automatic repair?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error notification with this issue?

I would like to inform that the time to perform an automatic repair may from one system to another depending upon the complexity of repairing the operating system.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

White screen after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

White screen after Windows 10 update

1. White screen after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - White screen update

2. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen after update: Yesterday i updated my laptop and now whenever i turn on my laptop i get this screen, i already tried deleting the lateta updates in safe mode and even re installed windows but still no succeswith ctrl tab i can see that the window is a microsoft account window....
  3. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen after update: Yesterday i updated my laptop and now whenever i turn on my laptop i get this screen, i already tried deleting the lateta updates in safe mode and even re installed windows but still no succeswith ctrl tab i can see that the window is a microsoft account window....
  4. White Screen After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Screen After Updating Windows 10: Hi everybody, I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop. The current version of Windows 10 in my laptop is 1803. Since 4 days, I've been trying to update it but it doesn't seem to work out. After updating using following methods, I get a wavy white screen of death, and then...
  5. White Screen After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen After Updating Windows 10: Hi everybody, I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop. The current version of Windows 10 in my laptop is 1803. Since 4 days, I've been trying to update it but it doesn't seem to work out. After updating using following methods, I get a wavy white screen of death, and then...
  6. White Screen After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. White screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    White screen after Windows 10 update: Just applied windows 10 update. Said 100% installed. Now only get white screen, except do get weather/time in corner. I'm not sure if it was version 21H1 or 20??. Does not respond to any keys or anything. 182353
  8. White screen after windows updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after windows updates: It seems KB5000908 has bricked my computer. It installed last night, since then when my computer is started it loads to back/white screens (one black, one white). The cursor appears and can move over both screens. Ctrl alt delete brings up the account switch menu, but task...
  9. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after update: [ATTACH] Hello! Yesterday, I was using my computer normally and when I shut it down, windows started installing some updates, as it does often. Today, I booted my PC and tried to log-in. For some reason, my computer took ages to log-in, getting stuck on the "Welcome"...
  10. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen after update: Hello! Yesterday, I was using my computer normally and when I shut it down, windows started installing some updates, as it does often. Today, I booted my PC and tried to log-in. For some reason, my computer took ages to log-in, getting stuck on the "Welcome" screen for a...