Windows 10: White screen no cursor

Discus and support White screen no cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For about a week I have had this white screen issue. I have spent hours trying to figure out the issue and nothing seems to work. I've looked around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aiden Lavado, May 28, 2022.

1. White screen no cursor

For about a week I have had this white screen issue. I have spent hours trying to figure out the issue and nothing seems to work. I've looked around online and everyone who has similar issues seem to be able to fix it easily but when trying to do the same methods it doesn't work at all. I've restarted it multiple times and always get met up with the same white screen.

:)

Aiden Lavado, May 28, 2022
  2. APLH Win User

Cursor "cross" is transparent

Hi RR and thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Here's an update from my end:

This only happens on my laptop screen when it is plugged into a second monitor.

• If Excel is on the second monitor, then the cursor cross is white.
    • If the laptop isn't plugged into the second monitor then the cursor cross is white.
    I think the same happens on all Office applications - certainly PowerPoint as well.

From this ^^above, I doubt it is an Excel setting. Not really sure where to start looking for a fix. The issue is that it impedes the use of the application as you keep losing where the damn cursor is.

3. donblunt Win User
    Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help.
    Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem.
    Let me introduce you to my issue.
    I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer.
    Starting with, the computer with the issue is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 with Windows 10 Pro.
    Additionally i have to mention that i cannot connect remotely, neither have physical access to computer, computer is offline though no Updates are installed.
    Below i'll mention all the steps that have been followed.
    - Windows key + P , for the Project menu. All options tried, with no result.
    - Tried to enter Safe Mode with same outcome. On Login screen only white mouse cursor appearing.
    - Tried Automatic repair with unsuccessful outcome.
    - Tried to System Restore. No restore points available.
    - Blind login first by pressing Space, CTRL and entering password. Unsuccessful result, white cursor showing.
    - Run Command prompt, the sfc scan command. Awaiting results from vessel.

I really need your experience and help on this.
    Your prompt replies are highly appreciated.

donblunt, May 28, 2022
  4. White screen no cursor

white screen after startup with cursor

Hello Steve,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this white screen issue during startup. For us to isolate and assist you better with this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried removing any external plugged in devices (except mouse, keyboard, and internet connection) before rebooting? If you still haven't, you may give that a try and check if issue persist.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 28, 2022
Thema:

White screen no cursor

1. White screen no cursor - Similar Threads - White screen cursor

2. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  3. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  4. White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10: I factory resetted my PC, first I had an problem something to do with user profile, when I boot in save mode I can log into my profile, but then its only just a white screen with my cursor, i’ve tried countless methods and nothing seems to work, help ASAP!...
  5. White screen no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen no cursor: For about a week I have had this white screen issue. I have spent hours trying to figure out the issue and nothing seems to work. I've looked around online and everyone who has similar issues seem to be able to fix it easily but when trying to do the same methods it doesn't...
  6. White screen no cursor

White screen no cursor: For about a week I have had this white screen issue. I have spent hours trying to figure out the issue and nothing seems to work. I've looked around online and everyone who has similar issues seem to be able to fix it easily but when trying to do the same methods it doesn't...
  7. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  8. Black screen white cursor repair??

Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  9. Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor: Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help. Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem. Let me introduce you to my issue. I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer. Starting with, the...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...