Windows 10: White screen of death...

Discus and support White screen of death... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI All, I have a Toshiba Satellite A665. I't going to be 7 yrs old in Oct. I'm running W 10. Lately, it seems to keep getting the white screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DallasB, May 28, 2017.

1. DallasB Win User

White screen of death...

HI All,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A665. I't going to be 7 yrs old in Oct. I'm running W 10. Lately, it seems to keep getting the white screen of death and I can't get out of it. If my web browser is open and say playing my Pandora station, I will still be able to hear it just not see it. I've got everything backed up to the cloud and an external HD at this point. Not sure how to fix. I use Norton Anti V & firewall if that helps.

Thanks,DB

:)

DallasB, May 28, 2017
  2. colin08 Win User

white screen of death.

hello, i have a nokia 6500 slide.

i was updateing it when my pc lost connection for some strange reason. i tryed to turn my phone back on. but it was going black. then i tryed it on my laptop. it did'nt work but after few failed tries. it worked and started to update again. but the battery
    died half way throw and now it just shows the nokia logo and goes white. ive tryed holdin 3+green button+ * but doesent work. when i press the on button once it connects to pc and disconnects. but the screen doesent come on or any thing. just makes the connection
    sound on the pc. any there any thing i can do or try? if not how much would it cost to repair and how long??

many thanks colin.

colin08, May 28, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    white screen of death.

You will probably need to your phone to your nearest Nokia Care Point to have the firmware reinstalled. The only people who can tell you about cost and how long it will take are the technicians at the NCP.

You can find your nearest Nokia Care Point at:

For UK

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

For Europe:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

For Asia-Pacific

http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4416070

Elsewhere:

Nokia Corporation select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

CJLim, May 28, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

White screen of death...

Older computer systems may be able to use windows 10 but without manufacturer approved drivers. The drivers may be last tested by the manufacturer for your components for windows 7 and 8 but not for windows 10. You may have been able to upgrade the operating system without problems. However you would be using unsupported drivers and be at risk of encountering misbehaving drivers.
    With you having everything backed up you could perform a clean install and reinstall all drivers. Alternatively if you think that all of the drivers are supported for windows 10 you could then re-post on the bsod crashes and debugging forum with the information for the DM log collector. Then the debugging could be performed.

zbook, May 28, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @DallasB

zbook. You'd be surprised how well Microsoft supports older machines for Windows 10. My Toshiba L750 is almost as old as the OP's but no longer has a single driver supplied by Toshiba, they've all been replaced by Microsoft-supplied drivers through windows update. Looking through Device Manager there are only three drivers that don't claim Microsoft as the Driver Provider: Intel (R) HD Graphics, Synaptics TouchPad and the Qualcom Atheros WiFi adapter - those come from their respective manufacturers and have 'Microsoft Windows' or 'Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher' listed as the Driver Signer. They all post-date the last driver Toshiba supplied by several years.

Which A655 do you have? There were several versions distinguished by additional letters and numbers after 'A655'. It makes a difference, the A655-S6050 had Intel HD Graphics while the A655-11Z used Nvidia. As a first step, I would got into Device Manager and check for updates to your Display Adapter.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

White screen of death...

1. White screen of death... - Similar Threads - White screen death

2. White screen of death after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen of death after latest updates: I'm having white screen of death issue with ASUS TUG gaming laptop, windows 11, here's how it looks like after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-11-leads-me-to-white-setup-screen/888d0e65-37d1-4445-b111-5e70cf795702, after recent...
  3. White screen of death after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen of death after latest updates: I'm having white screen of death issue with ASUS TUG gaming laptop, windows 11, here's how it looks like after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-11-leads-me-to-white-setup-screen/888d0e65-37d1-4445-b111-5e70cf795702, after recent...
  4. white screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white screen of death: Please help me, recently i have the white screen of death yes im able to use apps like opera and task manager but when i did try win + r to do the stuff and reboot my system my win + r doesnt work dont no know why but it just doesnt, im feeling as i need to buy a new computer...
  5. white screen of death

white screen of death: Please help me, recently i have the white screen of death yes im able to use apps like opera and task manager but when i did try win + r to do the stuff and reboot my system my win + r doesnt work dont no know why but it just doesnt, im feeling as i need to buy a new computer...
  6. white screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen of Death???

Screen of Death???: I "Attempted" a factory reset on a Dell 2330 I just aquired, the reset seemed to be going text book normal. Then on restarting i got the infamous blue screen. . .which turned into a lot of pop-up boxes and a flashing red screen with a code of some sorts it seems. Any and all...
  8. Screen of Death???

Screen of Death???: I "Attempted" a factory reset on a Dell 2330 I just aquired, the reset seemed to be going text book normal. Then on restarting i got the infamous blue screen. . .which turned into a lot of pop-up boxes and a flashing red screen with a code of some sorts it seems. Any and all...
  9. Screen of death.

Screen of death.: Hello, this is my first time posting on microsoft as I have been met with various issues. I have never had a problem with blue screen of death. I installed a new SSD and cloned my HDD onto it. Everything worked fine for about 8 months until lately I've been getting 'your PC...
  10. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix white death on Windows Phone