Windows 10: white screen/ started black and grey

Discus and support white screen/ started black and grey in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My daughters laptop suddenly went black with grey lines across it, it is now a white screen with 2 black horizontal lines no idea what the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by izzybowden, Jan 24, 2021.

1. white screen/ started black and grey

Hi,

My daughters laptop suddenly went black with grey lines across it, it is now a white screen with 2 black horizontal lines

no idea what the issue is or how to fix

any ideas??

:)

izzybowden, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Mojaw Win User

Windows 10 white / grey / black screen at random intervals

I am having an issue whereby Windows 10 will crash to a white / grey / black screen at seemingly random intervals.

i7 6700k Processor

MSI Krait Gaming Motherboard

NVIDIA GTX1070

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz

I originally thought this was due to newly installed NVIDIA Graphics drivers as the computer white screened after 10 seconds of booting to desktop. The screen would usually go white, but occasionally went black / grey on boot and occasionally occurred when
    I clicked on the start menu. I tried the following to remedy the issue:

- Reinstalled current graphics drivers with a clean install

- Rolled back to previous graphics driver version with a clean install

- Disabling windows fast boot

- Restoring windows to a point prior to white / grey / black screens

- Reinstalling windows but keeping personal files

The last "remedy" has prevented the machine from white screening on boot. However, I recently tried to run MSI Afterburner and the white screen happened again. I find it hard to believe that MSI Afterburner would be causing the issues. Is there anything
    I'm missing that I could do to prevent it happening again?

Mojaw, Jan 24, 2021
  3. dir_d Win User
    HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Jan 24, 2021
  4. GabbieM Win User

white screen/ started black and grey

Black and white screen

I am unable to change my screen back to the previous background colour. Not only this, but all the photos in my albums have also turned black/white/grey. No more colour in my photos or on screen. In settings - personalisation - colours, I am only being
    shown a grey colour- palette - so no options available to change back. Am especially concerned about my photos.

GabbieM, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

white screen/ started black and grey

1. white screen/ started black and grey - Similar Threads - white screen started

2. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  3. White and black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White and black screen: Hey Microsoft team, I really need your help. I downloaded a new skin pack for my acer aspire win 10 and it started restarting on its own, I left it for 1 hr coming back it showed the windows logo while booting, after that started showing white and black screen and didn't...
  4. black and white screen

black and white screen: what can i do to get my screen in color it was a split screen you helped with that and now its black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-and-white-screen/33994b21-925a-4f9d-855f-0046aaa2176e
  5. screen in black & white

screen in black & white: My screen showing in black and white. Pressing Ctrl + Windows + C and it won't change it back to color....?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-in-black-white/a8e833e3-2709-4917-b1ae-7d00040a930d
  6. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I am unable to change my screen back to the previous background colour. Not only this, but all the photos in my albums have also turned black/white/grey. No more colour in my photos or on screen. In settings - personalisation - colours, I am only being shown a grey colour-...
  7. Grey or black sometimes blocks all screen on start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey or black sometimes blocks all screen on start: I've been getting a grey or black area covering all the screen sometimes when I start my computer. I haven't been able to recognize if there's a pattern to when it appears and when it doesn't. My solution all this time has been rebooting until it lets me in. I thought it's...
  8. Black and White Screen

Black and White Screen: Okay, so everytime I play a video or launch a game, it converts its color to black and white. I can see color only for around 2 seconds then it just turns black and white. I've restarted my computer, checked to see if my color filter was off it was, I even checked high...
  9. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I just got a new computer with the windows 10. I am not very good with computers and went to change the picture to one of my photos and now I have a black and white everything. Can someone help me - explain in easy terms or draw me a picture? I have tried the virtual...
  10. Black/white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/white screen: Since I upgraded to the pre-release 18875 on windows 10 home which my HP laptop continues to freeze up all the time. How can I get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackwhite-screen/973bc1c0-6539-4f85-ac7c-c575f9500b2c