Windows 10: White screen whenever I watch videos.

Discus and support White screen whenever I watch videos. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever i watch videos on my Windows 10 laptop a white screen appears that tries to load but never does. I can’t get out of it without pressing CTRL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorginaConstable, Jul 10, 2019.

1. White screen whenever I watch videos.

Whenever i watch videos on my Windows 10 laptop a white screen appears that tries to load but never does. I can’t get out of it without pressing CTRL ALT DEL. Why doesthis happen and how do i stop it?

:)

GeorginaConstable, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Unkown Win User
    Whenever I watch a video the screen gets brighter when the cursor disappears

Whenever I watch a video on my Windows 10 system,
    the screen gets brighter when the cursor disappears. 
    I think it’s an Intel® HD graphics card.

I searched it up and it said to turn off "adaptive brightness",
    so I did, but it’s still brightening.

I'll be watching a video and the background is a light gray, when I start watching the video. 
    When the cursor, along with the bottom bar disappears, the light gray will turn white; the screen just changes brightness. 
    If I move my mouse and the cursor appears again, the screen goes back to normal.

How can I prevent this?

Unkown, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

White screen whenever I watch videos.

Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

White screen whenever I watch videos.

1. White screen whenever I watch videos. - Similar Threads - White screen whenever

2. Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white.: Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white. I have already let a microsoft worker help me and it didnt work. Ive also updated all my drives...
  3. Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white.: Whenever I watch a youtube video or saomething the colours turn blue and white. I have already let a microsoft worker help me and it didnt work. Ive also updated all my drives...
  4. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen When I watch Videos: Every time I watch Netflix or YouTube and sometimes when i use the internet at all my computer blue screens and the error code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I dont know what is causing this but it happens multiple times during the day and multiple times in a hour. Please...
  5. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

Blue Screen When I watch Videos: Every time I watch Netflix or YouTube and sometimes when i use the internet at all my computer blue screens and the error code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I dont know what is causing this but it happens multiple times during the day and multiple times in a hour. Please...
  6. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my internet keeps on dropping whenever i play a game or watch a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internet keeps on dropping whenever i play a game or watch a video: i dont know why this is happening but this is happening to me from the recent update on windows, ive checked the internet everywhere and i cant find answers to my issue, my wifi just disconnects out of nowhere when i go a game or watch netflix...
  8. Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video

Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video: Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video. It happens constantly. My Youtube is pinned to the taskbar. I have tried to redo the shortcut and clean boot. Never works. I also can no longer use the search function within people's channels....
  9. White effect on screen when I watch videos on my system and online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White effect on screen when I watch videos on my system and online: I have Windows 10 and there is a problem when I start any video on internet. When I start to watch, there is like a white screen effect just on the video. I have tried to take a screenshot but it is not seen on them. I have upgrade the drivers but nothing happened. How can I...
  10. Windows 10 crashes whenever I try to watch a YouTube Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes whenever I try to watch a YouTube Video: So this has been going on for a little bit now, and I've tried a couple methods suggested online to fix it (Didn't download anything, just changed settings), but no dice. It only happens with YouTube videos. Videos on any other site are fine. When I do try to watch one, it...