Windows 10: White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

Discus and support White shadows on the screen and screen flickering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After I updated my computer (HP Spectre) to Windows 10 I've been continuously experiencing problems with my display. Sometimes my screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vladimir_21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

Hello,

After I updated my computer (HP Spectre) to Windows 10 I've been continuously experiencing problems with my display. Sometimes my screen is slightly flickering by itself or during the motion of the mouse. Another problem I currently have is that there are white shadows above the opened windows, which move when I move the windows. And when I look closer at the display I can see some sort of stripes, which, my guess is, those "shadows" layered on top of each other. So it is pretty messed up and it's been bothering me for a while now. I tried updating and reinstalling display adapters multiple times, and one time it actually fixed the problem, but then it came back. So, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this type of problem?

Thanks,

Vladimir

:)

Vladimir_21, Oct 15, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 15, 2018
  4. White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

1. White shadows on the screen and screen flickering - Similar Threads - White shadows screen

2. Windows 11 screen black flickering white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen black flickering white: My windows 11 is laptop is black and flickering white while I try to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-black-flickering-white/518a5570-3b44-4f7e-bb8c-7e5c8483440d
  3. Windows 11 screen black flickering white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen black flickering white: My windows 11 is laptop is black and flickering white while I try to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-black-flickering-white/518a5570-3b44-4f7e-bb8c-7e5c8483440d
  4. How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar

How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar: Hi,Out of nowhere my PC screen has started flickering white, the same goes for the taskbar and no applications or folders appear on the desktop. I’ve been looking at other forums and following the help posted on them such as Driver Updates, Safe Mode, Disabling Problem...
  5. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  6. White flickering screen after login

White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  7. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 20H2 update causes white flickering screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update causes white flickering screen: I have installed 20H2 three times. Each time Edge comes up with setup directions. Behind is a white flickering screen which is unresponsive - even the start button and task bar are unresponsive. I have to ctrl+alt+del to sign out & reboot in safe mode to run the...
  9. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...
  10. Weird flickering and then white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird flickering and then white screen: Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for regular usage. I've been getting weird white flickering and then shortly after a complete white screen that stops everything....