Windows 10: White splash screen during start

Discus and support White splash screen during start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem of the white screen when booting sounds to me like it's happening prior to the OS's bootloader being bootstrapped. If that's the case,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shanewatz, Sep 23, 2015.

1. july240 Win User

White splash screen during start

I have the latest Bios-A16- installed, Its got to be in the bios somewhere, Its like something wants to turn on, but something is stopping it. It is cosmetic, but it is very annoying.

july240, Feb 11, 2016
  2. july240 Win User

I no longer think the problem is in the bios. the windows logo appears for about two seconds with the little dot wheel turning. Then the white flash screen appears for a second or two, then a pixelated screen for a second or two, then windows loads normally. In a darken room , it almost like a camera flash. It's a Win 10 issue.

july240, Feb 17, 2016
  3. july240 Win User
    Ok, I know this is old thread, but I found the solution to the bright flash screen. I'm using a SSD, so I went to control panel>power options>choose what power button does>un-check the Turn on fast startup box (disable). Now the flash screen is gone on startup. Laptop still boots fast with SSD.

july240, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

White splash screen during start

1. White splash screen during start - Similar Threads - White splash screen

2. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white: How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file explorer, or whatever, the window flashes white then renders whatever is supposed to be there. It's for less than a second, but...
  3. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white: How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file explorer, or whatever, the window flashes white then renders whatever is supposed to be there. It's for less than a second, but...
  4. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  5. Start up / Logon /Splash screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up / Logon /Splash screen: A while ago the startup/logon/splash screen has been putting the monitor to sleep about 2-3 minutes after the machine is booted up. The sleep time with power on is set to turn the screen off after 20 minutes if the power is on and never put the computer to sleep. how do I...
  6. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  7. Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 running latest-greatest Win10. The problem began after I installed an AHCI driver as I moved the machine from the RAID mode to AHCI mode in BIOS. I undid the RAID configuration a while back but it stayed configured in the RAID mode and...
  8. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  9. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  10. Crashing during Splash screen for Battlefield Hardline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during Splash screen for Battlefield Hardline: Hello, I am running Battlefield Hardline on my high end computer. The problem is that I get random crashes on the splash screen of the game either at the beginning of a game or when transitioning between games. It is random. I have no idea what causes this and any help...