Windows 10: White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue

Discus and support White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have a white circular well-defined spot appearing on my desktop screen. It doesn't show when any applications are open in front of it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The UsualSuspect, Aug 5, 2020.

1. White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue

Hi folks,

I have a white circular well-defined spot appearing on my desktop screen. It doesn't show when any applications are open in front of it, so it's definitely not a hardware issue.

Can anyone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it / what to do with it? Here's a screenshot, I've circled the spot:

White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue 1946b806-9d21-4df8-8c86-58fcd0b000c7?upload=true.jpg

any help appreciated, thanks :-

:)

The UsualSuspect, Aug 5, 2020

2. white spot

it started yesterday' its about 3 little white dots on left hand side of screen near the edge'

no changes to my pc have been made, is their any way to remove them ?

Ray Fisher 54, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    white spot

Hi Ray,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing the issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed, and hardware changes?
    • Have you tried to turn off your monitor and check if there's a white spot on your monitor?

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 5, 2020
  4. ajfudge Win User

White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue

white spots/haze/blob on touch-capable screen

A white blob/haze/spots is present on my convertible's screen (Samsung ATIV 700T Smart PC Pro). It appears more prominently if the screen is displaying white and they are present only near the screen's edges. (refer to pic).

White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue [​IMG]

Based on my research, those are caused by pressure applied to the screen. I'm the second owner of this device so I have no track record on how it was handled before I acquired it. It's just a little dubious that the screen would end up like that because it's designed for touch input.

Pls. share your thoughts and advice on how to fix it.

ajfudge, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue

1. White spot on desktop screen only - not a hardware issue - Similar Threads - White spot desktop

2. Desktop is leaving an empty spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is leaving an empty spot: My desktop leaves an empty spot where an icon normally is. There is an empty space that normally has an icon but now it is an empty space. Never had this issue before. If install a new program it will fill in the empty space. If I restart my computer, the empty space comes...
  3. White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10: I factory resetted my PC, first I had an problem something to do with user profile, when I boot in save mode I can log into my profile, but then its only just a white screen with my cursor, i’ve tried countless methods and nothing seems to work, help ASAP!...
  4. White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10: I factory resetted my PC, first I had an problem something to do with user profile, when I boot in save mode I can log into my profile, but then its only just a white screen with my cursor, i’ve tried countless methods and nothing seems to work, help ASAP!...
  5. White screen only showing cursor, desktop Win. 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen White issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen White issue: Why my windows 11 laptop Home screen and task bar gets white for few seconds and AMD radeon software turns off from task bar??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-white-issue/d27c7a1e-d8d6-464e-b1ba-495a291eec05
  7. Screen White issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen White issue: Why my windows 11 laptop Home screen and task bar gets white for few seconds and AMD radeon software turns off from task bar??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-white-issue/d27c7a1e-d8d6-464e-b1ba-495a291eec05
  8. Only a white screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only a white screen: Upon entering my password for my windows10, I am greeted with a blank white screen. This screen does not disappear even after 20min and nothing else will appear. Is this normal? Please don’t mind the OFFICIAL headline there that was a mistake submitted by /u/alphabetory...
  9. White Screen Replaces Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Screen Replaces Desktop: About 4 weeks ago my Desktop started being replaced by a completely blank, white screen. This would happen sometimes after I turned on the computer. Within probably a minute of Desktop appearing, it would be replaced by the blank, white screen. I could do various things to...
  10. white spots/haze/blob on touch-capable screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    white spots/haze/blob on touch-capable screen: A white blob/haze/spots is present on my convertible's screen (Samsung ATIV 700T Smart PC Pro). It appears more prominently if the screen is displaying white and they are present only near the screen's edges. (refer to pic). [img] Based on my research, those are caused...