Windows 10: White static screen after waking up sleep screen.

Discus and support White static screen after waking up sleep screen. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was waking up my pc but it just shows blank screen. unplugged the hdmi and plug it back it just shows white static screen, restarted it and it become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NotZySky, Oct 27, 2020.

1. NotZySky Win User

White static screen after waking up sleep screen.

I was waking up my pc but it just shows blank screen. unplugged the hdmi and plug it back it just shows white static screen, restarted it and it become normal.

is it my gpu? or driver?

:)

NotZySky, Oct 27, 2020

2. white screen after sleep (windows 10)

Since updating Windows 10 to the 'Fall Creators Update' (1709), I have a problem when the PC wakes from sleep.

Waking from sleep, the display flashes "white screen blank screen."To solve the problem, I have to manually restart the PC.

The PC behaves perfectly provided that I do not allow it to go to sleep.

This problem did not exist before I updated Windows 10 to version 1709.

I did the following steps that was the answer to a similar question but the solutions did not work

Corrupted system files after the update are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try performing the possible solutions to your concern. Follow the steps below:

Solution 1: Run Power troubleshooter

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
    • Locate Power, then click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow further instructions, and let the wizard scan your computer for potential issues
    Solution 2: Update Display adapter

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Display adapters to expand.
    • Right-click the Display adapter, then click Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click Update driver.
    • Restart your computer
    • If the issue still persists, repeat steps 1-4.
    • Click Uninstall, then restart your computer.
    Solution 3: Change Sleep options for mouse and keyboard

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Keyboards to expand.
    • Right-click the keyboard driver, then click Properties.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Check Allow this device to wake the computer option.

adriansookchand, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Chelsea J Win User
    Colored static screen when booting up laptop

Hello,

My four-month old Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop is having some screen issues. Each time I wake it up from sleep it has a colored (mostly white) static screen with a small square slightly distinguished from the surrounding static where my mouse is located.
    If I put the monitor to sleep again and wake it up, the static is still there. I have to force restart my computer to make the issue go away. After restart, everything works as normal, no viruses have been found on my computer, and troubleshooting my startup
    comes back with no issues. As soon as the screen goes to sleep, however, the issue is back.

Please help,

Chelsea

Chelsea J, Oct 27, 2020
  4. MRTPoke1 Win User

Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

I experienced something sort of similar--after waking the computer up from sleep, the screen would flicker, but not the black and white flashing. It looks like the lower 3/4 of the screen have dancing black lines across it and the screen image is distorted. It seems like the screen itself is damaged, but it only happens after waking up from sleep. It also doesn't happen consistently--only occasionally. I would think that if the screen was dying, it would happen at other times too. I don't play games, I do sometimes watch movies, but most of the time I use it for online research and word processor. All my drivers are up to date, and I've run DISM, which came back with no issues detected. Can anyone suggest to me something I might be doing to cause this, or a method of fixing this? Thanks!

MRTPoke1, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. White static screen after waking up sleep screen. - Similar Threads - White static screen

2. Grainy static flickering screen when waking up from sleep in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grainy static flickering screen when waking up from sleep in windows 11: My system recently started showing some weird issues. But one problem I'm having is that I'm getting a grainy static screen like in old TV's and it flickers when system wakes from sleep , this same happens sometimes in boot time too. Sometimes it refuses to boot at all and...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  5. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. White static screen after waking up sleep screen.it happened again

White static screen after waking up sleep screen.it happened again: I was waking up my pc but it just shows blank screen. unplugged the hdmi and plug it back it just shows white static screen, restarted it and it become normal. I tried Reinstall the driver and gpu using DDU. It still happens. Theres this code in event viewer The computer...
  7. Kiosk mode shows white screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk mode shows white screen after waking up from sleep: I have a kiosk using assigned access that’s been operating for approx 2 months without any issues until this week. About three days ago it started to show a blank white screen after waking the computer from sleep. I’m at a bit of a loss as too what happened as it was running...
  8. Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode

Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode: Please help me to resolve the following problem. I watch a video on YouTube and then I close the laptop lid. If I lift the lid again the screen doesn’t wake up. Thanks...
  9. Static (white noise) covering the screen on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Static (white noise) covering the screen on boot up: Hello I got a Dell Inspiron 3050 Net-top PC for a friend to use as a media streaming platform for the bedroom. I have not installed any programs/software/apps/additional drivers on to it yet. The computer worked fine for the first 5 – 6 boot-ups and all was well....
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...