Windows 10: White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

Discus and support White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I first open a sticky note, it opens with this main white Sticky Notes window with the settings menu and "Tap the new note button above to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hellknight(2), Dec 30, 2018.

1. White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

Whenever I first open a sticky note, it opens with this main white Sticky Notes window with the settings menu and "Tap the new note button above to create a new note". None of which is necessary because it can all be accessed from the sticky itself and I just have to keep closing this window. I don't want it to open at all. How do I open a regular coloured sticky note without this main white window opening just so I have to close it again? It's annoying. I just want it to go away.

Thanks.

:)

Hellknight(2), Dec 30, 2018

2. the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

Sticky Notes

Thank you for the information.

You should backup first your old Sticky Notes, then restore them. To do so, please follow the steps below:

To back up Sticky Notes from old:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box.
    • Copy and paste %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState, then hit
      Enter.
    • Copy the plum.sqlite file to where you like as a backup of your Sticky Notes. (E.g. USB)

To restore Sticky Notes in your new SSD:

• Close all running Sticky Notes.
    • Copy and paste %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState, then hit
      Enter.
    • Open the location of the backed up plum.sqlite file.
    • Copy the backed up plum.sqlite file into the LocalState folder.
    • Click on Replace the file in the destination when window "The destination already has a file name plum.sqlite" appears.
    • Once you're done with the procedure, open the Sticky Notes app to have your restored Sticky Notes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

1. White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped - Similar Threads - White Sticky Notes

2. Sticky notes won’t open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes won’t open: I have an issue with sticky notes. When I start my PC, sticky notes show up on the PC, but then they disappear. Perhaps, they start working in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-wont-open/686210b7-891e-4651-a918-a6463ade152e
  3. Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  4. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  5. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  6. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  7. Sticky notes stop working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky notes stop working.: When i start up Sticky Notes it shows that it's running but the notes will not pop up when I hit new note or when try to open my save notes it does nothing. Also, it lets me right click on it abd see the option under tasks like [note list] and its [settings] but other than...
  8. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....
  9. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  10. Not able to open Sticky Notes

Not able to open Sticky Notes: I have a custom based Windows 10 1703 image. I am not able to access Sticky Notes. It opens but sticks on task-bar like its hanged. Please help. [img] 98711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes white window