Windows 10: white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search

Discus and support white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search in Cortana to solve the problem; I updated my pc 2 days ago and it started showing this... If there is a solution to fix this then please tell me Thanks in advance [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Blaze_r, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Blaze_r Win User

white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search

I updated my pc 2 days ago and it started showing this...

If there is a solution to fix this then please tell me

Thanks in advance

white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search fc457894-40cc-4c9c-be28-9bf65f1831d6?upload=true.png

:)

Blaze_r, Jan 19, 2021

2. (white X over black box, instead of normal icons in Cortana search.

I have been having this weird icon problem lately So I recently updated from build 1709 or somewher around that to May 2019 update, this didn't affect that and it was like this all along starting a few weeks ago or so, Weird problem. PC have been doing some where stuff lately and no viruses. I updated because I thought it would not only fix it, but for other reasons unrelated to this post (wanted the featurs it had). This is the main weird problem that's been happening with my search, I scoured the internet but only found things like icon missing, nothing about white X's over this box that are replacing my icon, they only happen in search, no other shortcut. And for software only. May I have some guidance? I tried clearing icon cache db in localappdata, deleted temp a while ago, and the updates didn't affect this.

This is the closest thing I can find to someone else having a problem like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...946a56b?auth=1 but that's it, no helpful answers and I Was the only one who had that problem too so I clicked that box on that page. Again, No viruses and anything, (scanned deeply with Malwarebytes premium, disks are healthy (multiple HDD's), good PC specs. so idk what's going on :/ any help would be appreciated *Smile

I also have gpedit.msc if i need that to fix anything. Thanks!

firechuchu, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jan 19, 2021
  4. white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search

Cortana search box is white

This didn't help me either. The rest of Cortana's boxed in area is black, but the actual SEARCH box is white.

Magdeleenisweenis, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search

1. white X over black box instead of normal icons in Cortana search - Similar Threads - white black box

2. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Cortana
    Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.: This issue is only present with the windows cortana search area; desktop, file explorer and taskbar icons are perfectly fine. Programs with the icon error will still launch normally. I am unable to restore to a previous point in time as I have not set a point before the issue...
  3. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.: This issue is only present with the windows cortana search area; desktop, file explorer and taskbar icons are perfectly fine. Programs with the icon error will still launch normally. I am unable to restore to a previous point in time as I have not set a point before the issue...
  4. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird boxes instead of normal icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird boxes instead of normal icons: after restarting my computer most icons became boxes how do i change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-boxes-instead-of-normal-icons/8cf10704-6645-423f-98c5-1273b50ee36c
  6. Weird boxes instead of normal icons

Weird boxes instead of normal icons: after restarting my computer most icons became boxes how do i change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-boxes-instead-of-normal-icons/8cf10704-6645-423f-98c5-1273b50ee36c
  7. white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search: I updated my PC 2 days ago and It started showing an x instead of my icons if I search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-over-black-box-instead-of-normal-icons-on/f4ddd21a-3f87-4ced-919f-eca72e2c1865
  8. white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search

white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search: I updated my PC 2 days ago and It started showing an x instead of my icons if I search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-over-black-box-instead-of-normal-icons-on/f4ddd21a-3f87-4ced-919f-eca72e2c1865
  9. white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. (white X over black box, instead of normal icons in Cortana search.

in Windows 10 Support
    (white X over black box, instead of normal icons in Cortana search.: I have been having this weird icon problem lately So I recently updated from build 1709 or somewher around that to May 2019 update, this didn't affect that and it was like this all along starting a few weeks ago or so, Weird problem. PC have been doing some where stuff lately...