Windows 10: Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web

Discus and support Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I opened Microsoft Whiteboard today and it hit me with a label that said: "We can't show this object - An object type was added, which we can't show in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whiteboard User, May 24, 2024.

1. Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web

I opened Microsoft Whiteboard today and it hit me with a label that said: "We can't show this object - An object type was added, which we can't show in this version of Microsoft Whiteboard."And all my dotted lines were just gone. I opened a new whiteboard and tried adding any kind of line and it showed the same error. I couldn't find anything online. I have the newest version.Same on Reddit > https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1cyrwup/cant_add_lines_in_microsoft_whiteboard/

:)

Whiteboard User, May 24, 2024

2. Microsoft Whiteboard Problem

Hi Davidcz84,

I go through the post carefully, as for the issue, here are some suggestions:

1. If you have any antivirus software, please quit them temporarily and check the result.
    2. Try sign out your account from the app, restart devices, sign in back and check the result.
    3. To check if the issue related to your network, try connecting to another network and check the result.
    4. If you are using Word and school account that is managed by your organization, please make sure you have authentication app required by your organization installed on your devices.
    5. Try use whiteboard for the web and check the result: Microsoft Whiteboard

If the issue still persists, could you please share information below with us?

1. Can you use whiteboard for the web normally?
    2. Which kind of accounts you are using for signing whiteboard? Account crated by yourself or account assigned by your organization?

Regards,

Clark

Clark Cui MSFT, May 24, 2024
  3. My whiteboards disappeared.

Hello PaigeLuben

Im Juliet and Im happy to help you Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web :)

If you're referring to the whiteboard application that comes pre-installed with Windows 11, and it seems to have disappeared from your computer, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Search for the whiteboard app:

Click on the Start button and type "Whiteboard" in the search bar. Check if the app appears in the search results. If it does, click on it to open the application.

2. Check the app list:

Right-click on the Start button and select "Apps and Features" from the menu. Scroll through the list of installed apps and see if the whiteboard app is listed. If it is, click on it and see if there is an option to launch or reinstall the app.

3. Windows Store:

Open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 11 computer. Search for "Whiteboard" in the store's search bar. If the whiteboard app is available in the store, you should be able to install or update it from there.

4. Reset or reinstall the app:

If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting or reinstalling the whiteboard app. Open Settings, go to Apps > Apps & features, find the whiteboard app in the list, and click on it. From there, you may find options to reset or uninstall the app. Afterward, you can try reinstalling it from the Microsoft Store.

I hope this helps Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web :) Let me know what happens.

Juliet Erum, May 24, 2024
  4. ReynaldoB Win User

Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web

my whiteboards are missing from my Microsoft whiteboard app

Hi Shivanghi Aggarwal

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you're experiencing issues with your Microsoft Whiteboard app. I understand how important your missing whiteboards are to you. If your app looks different, it's possible that it has been updated. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• You mentioned that your Whiteboard app looks different, can you provide us a screenshot of how it looks like? If possible, you can provide us also a screenshot of how it looks like before?
    • How many days had passed since you had this problem?
    • What specific account you've used on your Whiteboard app? Is it a personal account or a work account?
    In the meantime, you may try the following steps to recover your missing Whiteboards;

1. Open the Microsoft Whiteboard app and sign in with the same account you used to create the missing whiteboards.

2. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the app and select "Settings".

3. Under "Account", make sure that you are signed in with the correct account.

4. If you are signed in with the correct account, click on "Sync" and wait for the app to sync your whiteboards.

5. If your whiteboards still do not appear, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

ReynaldoB, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web

1. Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web - Similar Threads - Whiteboard Showing lines

2. Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whiteboard is not Showing lines, both app and web: I opened Microsoft Whiteboard today and it hit me with a label that said: "We can't show this object - An object type was added, which we can't show in this version of Microsoft Whiteboard."And all my dotted lines were just gone. I opened a new whiteboard and tried adding any...
  3. Microsoft's New Whiteboard App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft's New Whiteboard App: Hello,Since my system was updated to the new MS Whiteboard version, I can no longer launch it using the Windows Ink Workspace taskbar button. It will launch if I go through the Start Menu, but that defeats the purpose of the shortcut taskbar button!Any ideas for a fix?Thank...
  4. Microsoft's New Whiteboard App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft's New Whiteboard App: Hello,Since my system was updated to the new MS Whiteboard version, I can no longer launch it using the Windows Ink Workspace taskbar button. It will launch if I go through the Start Menu, but that defeats the purpose of the shortcut taskbar button!Any ideas for a fix?Thank...
  5. new whiteboard app lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new whiteboard app lagging: my surface go 2 just auto updated latest whiteboard apps. the respond is so lagging while using the surface pen, any solution for this or is it can downgrade the whiteboard apps version ? if the surface pen is lagging then no point using my surface go...
  6. new whiteboard app lagging

new whiteboard app lagging: my surface go 2 just auto updated latest whiteboard apps. the respond is so lagging while using the surface pen, any solution for this or is it can downgrade the whiteboard apps version ? if the surface pen is lagging then no point using my surface go...
  7. new whiteboard app lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out: How do I prevent it from outputting to both? I want to switch outputs based on the current output device selected. Muting line in under speaker properties mutes it for both. I had "Listen to this device" checked before and muted the speaker and manually changed the output...
  9. Whiteboard for web generates error

Whiteboard for web generates error: Dear all I have a recurring Teams meeting setup in the past. Now if I access the meeting link and want to open Whiteboard for web within Teams I get this error; An error occurred while processing your request We could not find the content requested I suppose that means...
  10. Microsoft Whiteboard now available for the web and integrated in Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Whiteboard now available for the web and integrated in Teams: Today we are excited to announce the general availability of Whiteboard for the web and integration with Teams meetings, releases that continue our journey to enable people to ideate and create from any device, anywhere. Easily collaborate with others or access your boards...