Windows 10: Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site

Discus and support Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using "only allow specific websites" in MSFT family safety. however, once my son visits the approved single video, he is able to navigate from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PaulBankhead, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site

I am using "only allow specific websites" in MSFT family safety. however, once my son visits the approved single video, he is able to navigate from there to any video, the youtube home page and search box, and have unfiltered access to the whole site. URLs for YT are of the form www.youtube.com?v=id.

Is the website filtering not able to tell the difference between a URL with parameters or is there some other bug going on?

:)

PaulBankhead, Nov 6, 2020
  2. aefros Win User

unable to give my son access to youtube

I cant seem to give my son access to youtube through Microsoft family safety account.

I logged in to my account youtube is listed on permitted site . It is not on the blocked site list. When I go to the rescently blocked site list it does not show up there.

Any time I try to login on his account and try to go to youtube I get origin.sdx.microsoft.com/family/restricted-error. I dont understand what is happening. Can someone help?

aefros, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Youtube videos giving me a black screen

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with YouTube, I will certainly help you.

• Is this issue confined to YouTube app or YouTube on any browser?

I suggest you to contact YouTube Support for further assistance.
    YouTube Help

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site

YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos

Source:

Brink, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site

1. Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site - Similar Threads - Whitelisting youtube video

2. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  3. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  4. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites.: Hi, Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites. The videos pause and buffer. I hit play and the video plays for a little while and stops. Despite the video buffering to the end of the clip it stays on pause. When I hit play it plays for a few seconds then...
  6. Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?: Is there a way to whitelist a file, folder or entire flash drive in/from Defender? Every time I open the folder to software *I* have written, Defender flags much of the contents as a "Potential threat" and quarantines them. Ditto for a flashdrive I store all my utilities on...
  7. when only allow these sites is clicked there is no access even after I whitelist a site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    when only allow these sites is clicked there is no access even after I whitelist a site: when only allow these sites is clicked there is no access even after I whitelist a site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-only-allow-these-sites-is-clicked-there-is-no/98bdb449-af00-4acb-b9cd-01ce84a0d680
  8. YouTube and other sites videos do not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YouTube and other sites videos do not open: Videos do not start. The large white circle just spins around. Using Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-and-other-sites-videos-do-not-open/fa7e78bd-e6dc-4dc2-b3ca-b1bfc30f403d
  9. blocking all sites except whitelisted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    blocking all sites except whitelisted: for my children, i used a file that someone uploaded on the site, that i understood blocked all internet sites, all browsers, and the specific user, was still able to use dropbox, onedrive apps, as well as outlook. i can upload this small registry file if needed i understood...
  10. Whitelist for User Access Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whitelist for User Access Control: I am the admin on my machine, Windows 10. I have a few apps, like a VPN, that invoke the UAC pop up every time they run. Can I white list certain apps as I have approved them and don't want the annoyance of UAC. I'm aware that I could turn it off but I don't want to open...