Windows 10: Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

Discus and support Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting these Event ID 131 errors in the Event Viewer for ages, now: Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D for container... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oreveredrist, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

I've been getting these Event ID 131 errors in the Event Viewer for ages, now:

Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}'

They've survived at least two Fresh Start re-installs of Windows 10 across both Intel and AMD platforms. I'm getting about 10 a day. The best I can find is that the problem has been happening for years, has something to do with Windows not being able to refresh icons in "Devices and Printers", and is a problem on Microsoft's side because the links Windows 10 uses to refresh those icons have changed on their servers somehow. I, and others, have put Feedback items into the Feedback Hub for years on this. To no avail. So, who (and how) do we contact at Microsoft to get them to fix the problem?

There's no excuse for this. Even if what I've posted, above, is entirely wrong, there's nothing official that I can find on Microsoft's site talking about this. Microsoft needs to either fix the problem, post a document about the issue, or stop logging these Events as Errors since they, apparently, make no difference and no one cares about them. If what I've written at the top is true, then they need a "Report a Problem" link that someone actually pays attention to (as opposed to the Feedback Hub).

:)

oreveredrist, Nov 13, 2019
  2. SoxmisUK Win User

Metadata staging failed

Hello Kosta, thanks for your reply, I got a lot of success by following Sammy's advice at this link ==> Solved Continues Errors at startup - Page 3

SoxmisUK, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Metadata Staging Errors

Hello,

I repeatedly notice errors in Event Viewer, every time I boot up(W10 Home 64bit).

I receive 7 "Metadata Staging" errors which all start with the following:-
    Metadata Staging Failed, result= 0x80070490 for container

Each of the 7 errors begin with the above, followed by:-

1) {21070371-CC1B-11E5-9BE3-2C600CD59D4F}

2) {9C41A79B-CA9B-11E5-9819-B88687CE47A7}

3) {D316C339-CA99-11E5-9818-806E6F6E6963}

4) {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

5) {9C41A79C-CA9B-11E5-9819-B88687CE47A7}

6) {21070372-CC1B-11E5-9BE3-2C600CD59D4F}

7) {2107036B-CC1B-11E5-9BE3-2C600CD59D4F}

Fortunately, my pc seems to be working normally with all apps / programmes working normally. Are these errors universal on Windows 10 or do these errors only affect a few computers?

Many thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.

Kind Regards,

Rodney Coleman

Update on 2nd February 2016 (Content Added):

Hello,

Yesterday, I posted regarding 7 Metadata Staging Errors. I received a reply and I tried following the steps in an effort to resolve the situation. A clean boot was suggested by disabling Microsoft services etc. This I tried but it would not work. In trying
    to disable services as suggested, I got no response and got the message "not responding". The only way I could get my laptop to work after this was to hold down the power button to shut down. The laptop did eventually shut down after about 15 minutes. I then
    rebooted and all was fine.

All the "Metadata Staging" errors occur on two new acer laptops purchased last month. I have not modified any settings on either. These errors are identical on both. These errors usually occur soon after boot up. Both on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Windows Update is working normally and all updates are installing correctly. In spite of the above errors, both latops are performing brilliantly. I have not suffered any loss of functionality whatsoever.

I do believe in the phrase:- "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". I am currently resigned to leaving things as they are, unless anyone has any further suggestions.

Any suggestions??

Duplicate thread link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/4b1b190a-2e73-4082-8d1d-41f8a0bc9fce?auth=1

RodneyColeman_812, Nov 13, 2019
  4. kosta Win User

Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

Metadata staging failed

I have the same problem. Errors appear in following order:

The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'

I think all these errors are to be seen as one. For some reason the system reports no internet connection, and then rest of errors appears.

There is an option in Group Policy to tell windows to wait for internet before logon:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
    "Always wait for network at computer startup and logon"
    However that doesn't work here. The error persists.

So, any ideas?

kosta, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

1. Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors? - Similar Threads - contact fix Metadata

2. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: I was playing Rainbow Six Siege and the game crashes without reason and I get this along with a total of 15 different error reports with a Source of DeviceSetupManager, All of this viewed from Event Viewer Would anyone be able to explain what is going wrong and how I can...
  3. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: Shows up in eventviewer along with : Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metadata-staging-failed-result0x80070490-for/362472b1-6fbd-4947-8457-522df84d4352
  4. Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!: Hello, since I think later november or early december I have this WindowsGameBar error and multiple metadata staging errors, I think they cause pc crashes when the gpu is under heavy load but I can't know for sure, I tried swapping gpu cpu etc but the pc keeps crashing, I...
  5. Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!: Hello, since I think later november or early december I have this WindowsGameBar error and multiple metadata staging errors, I think they cause pc crashes when the gpu is under heavy load but I can't know for sure, I tried swapping gpu cpu etc but the pc keeps crashing, I...
  6. Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{5094484E-6925-FDD5-AACE-D9DA6785FB29}' Event ID:131I check registrty DeviceMetadataServiceURL and found this URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252669&clcid=0x409 , but URL redirect me to...
  8. Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed: I have recently been besieged with numerous 'Event Viewer Errors 131- Metadata staging failed.' These errors just appeared for the first time three days ago, and have logged over 100 same events since. Following an earlier thread, for this same complaint (...
  9. Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Metadata staging failed: These errors have started building up with every reboot.. What's going on? Never seen them in W764? But now after upgrading to W10 64.. Metadata staging failed, result={CA0E9E80-3E97-FCAC-730A-8CB080FA2581} for container '0x80070490' A connection to the Windows Metadata...
  10. Metadata staging failed - Event ID 131

in Windows 10 Support
    Metadata staging failed - Event ID 131: Good morning, Ever since I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (Home) 64-bit a few months ago from Win 8.1 I have discovered the following Event ID 131 error in Event Viewer, sometimes as many as five times in a row, after restarting or upon booting up: Metadata staging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. devicesetupmanager event id 131 registry fix