Windows 10: Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ?

Discus and support Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shhammu [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shhammu, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ?

/u/Shhammu, Apr 21, 2020

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ?

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ? :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ?

1. Who else find it annoying that the details pane does not show the selected folder's size ? - Similar Threads - else find annoying

2. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...: When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default details filename, ype, size, last modification. I have added these details and they are essential for me for classifying documents...
  3. Customize music folder details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize music folder details pane: Hello, I've tried to search for ways to customize the info displayed in the Details Pane.This forum and this list they link to seems to do the trick, but the problem is: I don't want to remove anything Windows displays by default, I only want to add one more bit of info...
  4. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to show folder SIZE in details view?: Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column is empty for folders. Of course if I right click the folder and choose "properties", a dialog box will show me the total of...
  5. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  6. How to change size of Details Pane image preview

How to change size of Details Pane image preview: Good day, I would like to know how to change the size of my Details pane imagine preview which will make viewing previews of visual files far easier than actually opening the file. I would like to implement this throughout our office so that everyone can browse our library...
  7. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  8. Details Pane not showing codec info

in Windows 10 Support
    Details Pane not showing codec info: Hi, please see my screenshot, my details pane is not showing any codec information. I had to reinstall after a windows 10 update killed my computer (update loop bsod - I can't believe updates are stilling crashing computers). before the details pane use to show...
  9. Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?: Hai Im new here.. *Smile Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it. It was easy to add comment then i had a bit trouble to get the comment getting displayed in the details pane...after playing...
  10. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199