Windows 10: Who Else Thinks Clippy Should Return In Windows 10/Office 2016?

Discus and support Who Else Thinks Clippy Should Return In Windows 10/Office 2016? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was having a discussion with a co-worker earlier today about how some of our employees are having issues remembering formatting rules and putting... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by QuestionableTBH, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Who Else Thinks Clippy Should Return In Windows 10/Office 2016?

I was having a discussion with a co-worker earlier today about how some of our employees are having issues remembering formatting rules and putting together documents. One of them mentioned that they used to use the paperclip for help when they had XP. As annoying as many people found Clippy, I think his time has come again. With the inclusion of Cortana there may be an untapped opportunity to present the digital assistant in the form of a fun avatar. Clippy would have been awesome if he just had better information. I am just wondering if anyone else sees this as a potentially useful idea.

:)

QuestionableTBH, Jun 29, 2015
  2. DonAmerex Win User

Clippy in Cortana

How Cool!! Clippy is back!! Is Cortana only for Windows Phone? I am very proud of you Microsoft! I missed Clippy! My favorite version of Office with Clippy in it was Office XP. Why did people dislike Clippy??? Whats not to like about him? People are dumb!!

DonAmerex, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Can I get Clippy on Windows 10?

Hi ,

My name is Fernando. I am a Microsoft Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with possible resolution to the issue you are reporting.

Microsoft retired Clippy a few years back. Please refer to the link below on what happened to Clippy.

"Whether you love him or you hate him, say farewell to Clippy automatically popping up on your screen."

https://news.microsoft.com/2001/04/11/farewell-...

Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Jun 29, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

Who Else Thinks Clippy Should Return In Windows 10/Office 2016?

Ohh clippy - hang the sod PLEASE!!!!

AlanWade, Jun 29, 2015
  5. If not Clippy, what about Merlin, Rover, or Links....the wizard was sort of cool. I mean there are obvious use cases, not for everyone, but perhaps for the ones that enjoyed having the help.

6. AlanWade Win User
    You are having a laugh?

AlanWade, Jun 29, 2015
  7. I was at a Windows 10 "Behind The Curtain" Event last week and someone kept saying we needed a clippy-esque avatar then employees at my place of work starting saying they missed the paperclip. I needed to be sure the world hadn't gone completely insane with clippy fever. On a separate note, Cortana seems to be working out nicely....without the avatar thank god.

8. bobkn Win User

I suggest a version of JarJar Binks, complete with quasi-Caribbean accent.

Ought to give a major boost to the repair business, after people assault their PCs.

bobkn, Jun 29, 2015
  9. That paperclip could pop up whenever Office detects activity like going from tab to tab in the Ribbon toolbar without selecting anything in a search for an elusive menu item, and instead of offering well-intentioned hints and tips, it could say 'BECAUSE **** YOU, THAT'S WHY'.
    I believe Office already uses similar technology to parse whatever users put into the online Help, to filter out all relevant results.

markweatherill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Who Else Thinks Clippy Should Return In Windows 10/Office 2016? - Similar Threads - Else Thinks Clippy

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. clippy

in Cortana
    clippy: Umm that annoying clippy is back.. can someone please tell me how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clippy/06b47775-d239-497f-8052-4aa8932c9851
  4. Office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 and Windows 10: Hello there! Can I load Office 2016 with Windows 10? Do I need to switch out of S Mode to do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-and-windows-10/1e03d580-f86b-4e75-92ab-05afe819f2ad
  5. Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?: I was turned on to the idea by swarfega from my Windows 10 Decrapifier post. I find it so funny as I have been in computers for a lot of years. Not to say that I've never ran VM's I have but just for testing things not to run another permanent OS. Anyway I downloaded VMware...
  6. Clippy

in Cortana
    Clippy: Could Clippy and friends come back? They can give us notifications and help us search. I would prefer them to cortina!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clippy/114e3102-53b2-4076-a99c-17ebbe7c89eb"
  7. Windows 10; Office 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10; Office 2016: Suddenly the keyboard does not start up with num lock ON! Cannot find any settings relating to this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-office-2016/ea4a6ad5-06d7-4757-88e4-ed1333e027df
  8. Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10: What is the function of SharePoint? Is it something like ftp or... Thank you 75991
  9. Who Else Loves Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who Else Loves Windows 10?: I love it so much! Way better than Windows 8.1! 9947
  10. Who else is getting the windows 10 preview tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else is getting the windows 10 preview tomorrow?: I know I am. I am going to throw it into a VM as soon as tomorrow comes around. This is the link where you can get it tomorow:Windows Technical Preview is coming soon - Microsoft Windows 1919