Windows 10: Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

Discus and support Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need. I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlyBulldog, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need.

I keep setting it to not launch when Windows starts, and I keep unlinking my pc, but it just turns back on, even without a pc restart, and removes the files I need again. OneDrive is the worst program Microsoft has ever come up with!!!! Nothing works like it should. it turns itself back on. it deletes files you need from your pc. It just give errors if you try to tell it to stop syncing My Documents or Pictures. When you try to get it to stop syncing, it deletes everything from your pc instead of just putting it back and leaving it the hell alone.

How can I permanently get rid of one drive? I have been trying to stop it since I got Windows 10, when it was free to upgrade from 7. That is a long time to still be having issues, and to still be losing files. The internet is full of complaints about OneDrive, and about people having nothing but issues, so why has there not been an update to it that allows people to completely turn it off?

I have tried every fix I can find online, and none of the settings every hold, and eventually OneDrive causes me to lose my entire My Documents folder again.

:)

SlyBulldog, Apr 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 20, 2021
  3. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

Good suggestion, but it doesn't persist, OneDrive has fallen off the list of Startup apps once again.

MikeGrant65, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

1. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea? - Similar Threads - ever thought OneDrive

2. Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.: You guys can't even answer the phones but you can remove post when you don't like the truth **** you **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shoutout-to-the-microsoft-retards-who-thought/bdbbd423-d446-4287-82ab-d18ecb054412
  3. Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.: You guys can't even answer the phones but you can remove post when you don't like the truth **** you **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shoutout-to-the-microsoft-retards-who-thought/bdbbd423-d446-4287-82ab-d18ecb054412
  4. Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.: Fixed my dad's laptop after him not being able to use it for about 3 years and I was greeted with the lovely bitlocker screen. You guys can glady suck on my sack whoever thought this idea was good really needs to get punched in the face....
  6. Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.

Shoutout to the microsoft retards who thought putting in a bitlocker key was a good idea.: Fixed my dad's laptop after him not being able to use it for about 3 years and I was greeted with the lovely bitlocker screen. You guys can glady suck on my sack whoever thought this idea was good really needs to get punched in the face....
  7. Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?: Microsoft, can you please fix the taskbar problem in windows 11?Remove the design features. They are not useful and give us back the old taskbar, please....
  8. Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?

Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?: Microsoft, can you please fix the taskbar problem in windows 11?Remove the design features. They are not useful and give us back the old taskbar, please....
  9. Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?

Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?: What is backup good for if you cannot access it? Can you please fire the person who is responsible for this?I never implemented these rights, I was NEVER asked whether or not to lock those files and now I cannot undo it.It is absolutely ridiculous....
  10. Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?: What is backup good for if you cannot access it? Can you please fire the person who is responsible for this?I never implemented these rights, I was NEVER asked whether or not to lock those files and now I cannot undo it.It is absolutely ridiculous....