Windows 10: Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

Discus and support Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need. I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlyBulldog, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need.

I keep setting it to not launch when Windows starts, and I keep unlinking my pc, but it just turns back on, even without a pc restart, and removes the files I need again. OneDrive is the worst program Microsoft has ever come up with!!!! Nothing works like it should. it turns itself back on. it deletes files you need from your pc. It just give errors if you try to tell it to stop syncing My Documents or Pictures. When you try to get it to stop syncing, it deletes everything from your pc instead of just putting it back and leaving it the hell alone.

How can I permanently get rid of one drive? I have been trying to stop it since I got Windows 10, when it was free to upgrade from 7. That is a long time to still be having issues, and to still be losing files. The internet is full of complaints about OneDrive, and about people having nothing but issues, so why has there not been an update to it that allows people to completely turn it off?

I have tried every fix I can find online, and none of the settings every hold, and eventually OneDrive causes me to lose my entire My Documents folder again.

:)

SlyBulldog, Apr 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 20, 2021
  3. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

Good suggestion, but it doesn't persist, OneDrive has fallen off the list of Startup apps once again.

MikeGrant65, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

1. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea? - Similar Threads - ever thought OneDrive

2. Amazing technology - thought this was a good place to show it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazing technology - thought this was a good place to show it: [media] 166055
  3. stupidest wireless idea ever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stupidest wireless idea ever: wireless turns on manually, in 1 hour ,in 4 hours, in one day. OK now how do I get rid of this stupidest idea in windows other than just having to keep it hard wired?...
  4. Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?: Just wondering why Microsoft have considered it a great idea to remind the population that since we are running their software they, in fact, own the very piece of hardware, and everything contained within, that you bought and thought you owned? ie. strange logins changing...
  5. Never thought updating would be this difficult.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never thought updating would be this difficult.: I continued to get errors upon downloading build 2004 so I used Windows Update Assistant. I believe it installed properly, but can’t check because I get a black screen after login. Has anyone else had trouble with the update? submitted by /u/Fordari [link] [comments]...
  6. Is it a good idea to install the latest update?

Is it a good idea to install the latest update?: I paused my updates a while back and forgot to unpause them. I am still running on the 2/11/2020 update. Should I install the latest cumulative update of just the latest security patches? In case it matters, this is a gaming pc. submitted by /u/Turboyoshi0406 [link]...
  7. Who's idea was it to not update the sway icon?!

Who's idea was it to not update the sway icon?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M1ghty_boy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euq6dc/whos_idea_was_it_to_not_update_the_sway_icon/
  8. Android on Win 10. Who has ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android on Win 10. Who has ideas?: Hey guys and girls, I have a love for android, but I do not want all that on my phone. I have tried Bluestacks Native, RemixOS player(both Boot up version and in Windows App), and a few emulators. Who has a good idea of what I can do to run Android Apps on Windows itself,...
  9. resizing a partition -is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resizing a partition -is it a good idea?: i have come across a program that can resize a new partition when if the primary disk is too full. and wondering how would resizing a partition benefit me in the long run? -not to say iam running low in memory, but "just in case"*Nerd 71887
  10. Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea: Hi there I wonder if Ms reads these forums at all - it surely would be a good idea since on the whole people are fairly knowlegeable and do some quite rigorous testing. I'm sure Ms would get better feedback from the Forums than going through NINE QUADRILLION replies via...